Chapter 7

We got to school about 20 minutes early but Hunter and I made our way into school, we seen Jason standing in front of my locker. He glared at the both of us as we made our way over to him. Of course, the one time I need my locker he's going to be there.

"What are you doing with him, Jena?" Jason asked through gritted teeth. I looked over at Hunter and he was scowling at Jason.

"That's none of your business anymore. She dumped your sorry ass." Hunter replied.

"I don't think I was asking you, prick." Jason yelled.

It is way too early for this stupid stuff. I thought to myself as they argued. I was so tired of being in the middle of everything. I felt like if Hunter had never met me he wouldn't be in any of this mess right now. But in a way I was thankful for having him in my life, he gave me the courage to stand up for myself.

"This bitch is mine and mine only!" Jason yelled grabbing my wrist and jerking me into his body.

He let go of my wrist and it was my chance, so I punched him right in the mouth. I tried to get away but he grabbed a hand full of my hair and pulled me back. Tears began blurring my vision then as Hunter tried getting me out of Jason's grasp, someone came up behind Jason and jerked him away from me. I ran into Hunter's arms then he moved me behind him and walked over to Jason and began punching left and right, making contact with Jason's face every time.

I just stood there watching as the blood came pouring down his face. The guy that pulled Jason away from me was Liam, I had seen him around a few times but never talked to him. He walked over to me and put his thumb under my chin and lifted my face up to where I was looking at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked. The truth was, I was perfectly fine. I finally had someone there to protect me. I just nodded my head and smiled.

Liam went over to Hunter and pulled him off of Jason, it took about 5 minutes to get him off of him.

"Damnit, I told you to never touch her again!" Hunter yelled into Jason's face. Jason was lying on the cold hard floor, just like I had all those times he hit me. I hate to admit it, but he deserved every bit of it. "Now get the hell out of here and leave her alone." He said through gritted teeth, Liam was still holding him back.

Hunter looked over at me and seen the tears streaming down my face so he stopped trying to get to Jason and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly, I just cried into his chest. When I looked over Jason was gone but Liam still stood there looking at Hunter and I.

"Thank you for getting me away from him." I told Liam when Hunter went to the bathroom to clean the blood off of his hands.

"Don't worry about it, he has no right putting his hands on you." He told me and then walked away.

I waited outside the bathroom for Hunter to come out and when he came out I smiled at him and hugged him tightly. I hadn't even known this guy for a year and he was already one of my best friends, he was always there to help me out anyway possible.

As I walked into my room after dinner the next night, I seen Hunter sitting on my bed smiling at me. I walked over to him and sat down beside him.

"Here, every girl needs a pair." Hunter said handing me a shoe box.

I opened it and seen the most amazing pair of cowgirl boots ever. I immediately gave him a hug and smiled at him.

"Thank you so much. They're amazing." I replied as I tried them on, they fit perfect.

Hunter's POV(A few months later) :

I wish I had the nerve to tell Jena how I felt about her but I was too scared. I was going to ask her to go to prom with me but Liam beat me to it. Liam had gotten close to Jena and Jena had started to like him. Prom was this weekend and I was going but without a date being the only girl I wanted to go with already had a date.