Chapter 11

We laid in the mud for what seemed like hours until Jamie came and found us. He just busted out laughing as soon as he seen us. I guess he was laughing at how covered we were.

"Pahaha, you guys look like a bunch of pigs." Jamie laughed.

The months with Hunter flew by like there was no tomorrow and before I knew it I had gotten accepted into a college in North Carolina and I'd be moving there. Hunter wasn't happy about it at all. I mean he wanted me to do what was best for me but he didn't know if we'd last like that. We had been together for about eleven months, dating wise and we hadn't been apart since.

"I can't come over today Hunt, I have to be packing to move. I only have a week left and I haven't even started packing." I told Hunter while we were on the phone one day.

"Jena, I need to talk to you about something really important. It can't wait." He pleaded.

"I'm sorry I can't."

"Alright I see. You don't have time for the little 'ol country boy anymore because you're going to college. Well maybe we shouldn't be in a relationship then. Until you come back we're through. I'm sorry. You have just gone way too far with ignoring me like this. I love you, and I'll talk to you when I talk to you." Hunter told me then hung up.

I dropped my phone on the bed and began packing, I didn't have time to worry about relationship problems. The past eleven months with Hunter have been amazing but I needed to go to North Carolina, for me.

Before I knew it it was time for me to leave for North Carolina. I went over to Jamie and Hunter's to tell them goodbye. Jamie hugged me tightly and told me to hurry back.

"Can we talk real quick Hunt?" I asked. He nodded and walked out onto the front porch with me. "Look, I'm sorry that I can't make this work. I just really need to do this for me." I started but he cut me off.

"You'd think someone would at least try to make things work before leaving." He told me.

I could see the pain in his eyes, he was trying so hard to not let it show. A single tear escaped his eye and he was quick to wiping it away.

"Damnit Jena, why did you make me fall so hard then decide to leave?" He asked.

"I'm sorry. I have to go Hunter. I'll see you when I get back." I told him while walking over to him and hugging him one last time.

He held onto me tightly and I could feel in his grip that he didn't want to let me go. When he did, he walked away quickly.

"Jena, always remember this...no matter where we go in life I'll always be here for you. I'll always love you." Hunter told me then walked in the house.

As I drove to North Carolina, I cried and I cried. Hunter was my best friend and I felt like I had just picked his heart out of his chest and stomped all over it. I didn't want things between us to end this way, hell, I didn't want them to end at all. But I guess shit happens and we have to deal with it.

Hunter's POV:

As I watched the girl I loved so much drive away from the farm house my heart broke more and more every second. I didn't want to see her leave, but I knew it was for the best. If it was meant for us to be together we'd end up in each other's arms again.

It had been months, three months exact, since I talked to Jena and it was starting to get easier on me. She'd call every now and then but I'd rarely answer and when I did I would make an excuse up to why I couldn't talk. Talking to her was just too hard for me, especially when she had moved on with her life.

The last time I talked to her she told me that she had met a guy in one of her classes, when she told me that my heart shattered even more. At that moment I knew I had to move on, I had to get out of this place I called home.