nine

they know it's been enough of waiting on somebody

—05/07/21—

flashback

trigger warning! : sexual harassment

**

"Come on, I know you want to." Hayden said, resting his hand on her thigh.

"Not right now, okay?" She said, moving her legs so his hand would fall from her thigh. She rested her head on his shoulder and zoned into the movie they were watching together.

"Are you sure?" He asked, putting his hand back on her thigh. She interlocked their fingers, moving his hand down to rest above her knee since he didn't get the hint.

"I'm sure, Hayden." She responded quietly. After a few moments he let go of her hand and moved it higher on her thigh. Her heart started racing and she felt her hands start to shake. It wasn't the first time she'd felt uncomfortable and panicky in this situation, but it was the first time she'd gotten an actual flashback from the man prior to him.

"100% positive?"

"Hayden, not right now."

"So later?"

"Maybe."

"I think you want it now and you're just not telling me." He said, moving his hand up further. She sighed, giving up and knowing he wouldn't take no for an answer.

————

real life

Callie woke up in a cold sweat. Her hands were shaking, chest heaving for air, heart racing. She looked over and saw Lauren laid next to her and it was the first time in years she'd cursed sleeping next to the wall.

Callie climbed out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. Her legs were shaking terribly which made it harder, but she made due. Flipping the light on almost blinded her, but she quickly closed the door and locked it, leaning against the sink.

Staring at her reflection she saw someone she hadn't in almost a year. She saw how scared she was, it being a direct mirror of how she felt all those years ago.

Callie hadn't the first idea of what to do. Everyone was asleep, it was nearing 3am for gods sake, but she needed to talk to someone, anyone.

She splashed cold water on her face before drying it off with a towel and walking back to Lauren's bedroom. Instead of waking her best friend, she grabbed her phone and walked downstairs. Callie walked outside, closing the glass sliding door behind her and sitting on the cold ground.

Scrolling through her contacts, didn't get her far, the person she needed was at the top of the list.

Calling Amore :]...

"Hello?" Was the first thing Alex asked before he heard labored breathing and went panic mode, "Callie? Is everything okay?"

"It's so stupid, but i had a nightmare, needed to hear someone's voice." She barely could get out.

"Alright, do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, n-no." She stuttered out, her breathing picking up more as she thought about it.

"Okay, okay. It's gonna be okay, okay? Listen to me, Amor, you're gonna breathe in for four seconds and then hold it for six and then exhale for eight, alright?"

"I can't." She said, tears slipping down her cheeks.

"Is there anyone in the house that's awake, Cal?"

"No, nobody's awake."

"Okay, facetime me. You can turn your camera off but you can see me and it might help."

"Okay." She breathed out shakily, pulling the phone away from her ear and facetiming him.

"There's mi niña bonita." He spoke fondly, a smile on his face. She smiled back, leaning her head back against the wall. "So I confess to you and suddenly you're having nightmares and panic attacks, huh? I gotta up my game."

"Shut up." She laughed, her breathing slowly becoming normal again. "Sorry to call you for nothing."

"Cut it out, amor. I'm always gonna pick up when you call, there's no reason not to. Besides, this isn't stupid at all, you needed me and I was here."

"But I bothered you."

"You did not, and I mean it, cut it out. You talk so poorly about yourself and you don't deserve it."

"I don't want a lecture."

"Then don't give me a reason to lecture you."

"Touché."

"Why don't you take a few minutes and then go inside and go back to sleep, okay?"

"Yeah, can you stay on the phone though?"

"Of course I can, amor."

"Thank you, amore."

————

messages

Fiance's
Alex Sanchez, Karl Jacobs *fiancé*, Nick Armstrong *fiancé*

Alex - we be sleepin on the phone boss
Alex - you wanna be me but you can't be me

Karl Jacobs - im sleeping in the same bed as my girlfriend
Karl Jacobs - neither of you have official girlfriends
Karl Jacobs - only one has worked out their emotional feelings
Karl Jacobs - nobody wants to be you Alex

Alex - CORRECTION TWO HAVE FIGURED OUT THEIR EMOTIONAL FEELINGS
Alex - I JUST CONFESSED LIKE 6-8 HOURS AGO

Karl Jacobs - kudos to you
Karl Jacobs - we're going to sleep
Karl Jacobs - in the same bed
Karl Jacobs - goodnight boys

Alex - god you're so grumpy when your tired
Alex - goodnight so called fiancés

Karl Jacobs - say that again?

Alex - goodnight fiancés <3
Alex - i love you more than life <3
Alex - mwah mwah

Karl Jacobs - exactly

Nick Armstrong - WAKIN ME UP AND FOR WHAT
Nick Armstrong - GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP
Nick Armstrong - GOODNIGHT FUCKERS

Karl Jacobs - hm?

Nick Armstrong - goodnight karl I love you so much <3

Karl Jacobs - mhm

Alex - THE FUCK?!
Alex - WHAT ABOUT ME

Nick Armstrong - YOU WOKE ME UP
Nick Armstrong - YOU MOTHER FUCKER
Nick Armstrong - YOU DONT GET AN I LOVE YOU

Alex - so mean :(

Karl Jacobs - shut the fuck up

Alex - yes sir sorry sir

Nick Armstrong - mhm mhm goodnight :)

Karl Jacobs - thank you <3