seventeen

he's good to her

—05/21/21—

real life

"Its okay, i promise." Gabby said, holding Callie in her arms. Tears streamed down her face. Gabby was the only one in the room at the moment, the door being shut and locked.

"I don't even understand why I'm so upset." She sobbed, clinging to her best friend as if she'd float away with one loose finger.

"Besides the fact that he's been here for a week and he's leaving?" Gabby said, stating the obvious. Callie didn't realize how close her and Alex had been though, so to her it wasn't stating the obvious.

"Exactly, he's not been here that long. I shouldn't be so upset."

"But you're allowed to be. Stop trying to invalidate your own emotions, Callie." Gabby said, sighing afterward.

Silence followed, Callie unable to respond and Gabby didn't want to make things worse. Callie was already close enough to hyperventilating, trying to "tell her" how she felt would just make it worse.

"Let's go to sleep, yeah? It's five in the morning." Gabby whispered. Callie sniffled and nodded.

...

"Callie!" Alex yelled, running into the room. She had just woken up a few minutes before his appearance, running now on three hours of sleep.

"Hm." She hummed, rolling out of Gabby's arms and catching herself on the floor. Alex helped, reaching out his arm and catching her around the waist as she fell off the bed.

"We should go out to lunch or something before I leave." He whispered, tracing his thumb along the curve of her waist.

"Since im up we can go to breakfast." Callie whispered, standing up completely and leaning back into Alex.

"That works. Or we could lay down in my bed since you look like you got punched in both of your eyes with how exhausted you are." He said, moving a hand to rest on her lower back and leading her out of the room.

"Okay, I like that one better." She whispered, laying her head on Alex's shoulder. They walked the shirt distance to the room he was staying in. Once they reached the bed, he pulled back the covers as he wrapped an arm completely to keep her upright.

"Let's go to sleep, amor." He said softly, letting her crawl to the other side of the bed. He laid down and she moved to lay directly next to him. She threw an arm across his torso and laud her head on his chest.

She fell asleep within seconds as soon as his hand starting working gently through the knots in her hair.

...

"What time is your flight anyway?" Callie asked, looking over at the man who insisted he drive for their lunch date since it was gentlemanly.

"Not until like, eight or something." He said, shrugging as he turned onto a street Callie was unfamiliar with.

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to the park."

"For lunch? They sell good there? Since when?!" She asked. Half of her knew he brought lunch, the other half genuinely wanted to know if the park sold food.

"Idiota." He laughed, "I brought food, amor."

"Oh," She said, smiling over at him. He smiled back. Once they were parked and the car was off, Alex walked around the car and opened her door.