thirteen

he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face

—05/15/21—

instagram

call1e.804

liked by quackity, nyxtucker, lauren

liked by quackity, nyxtucker, lauren.cassidy, and 217 others

call1e.804 beach day absolutely drained me bro, but at least im not slumped like quackity fr

lauren.cassidy mans is knocked out
call1e.804 literally

karljacobs you look good in hats :D
call1e.804 thank you!! <3

nyxtucker bro whats with the eyeballs on the lightswitch?
call1e.804 quackity did it :P
nyxtucker sounds about right tbh

———

real life

trigger warning! : panic attack

"Hey, can we talk?" Clay asked, walking up to Callie as her eyes kept fluttering open and closed. Alex was laid across the couch, his head resting on her legs as she carded a hand through his hair.

"Hm?" She hummed, nodding her head in the direction of the other part of the couch so he could sit and they could talk.

"Lauren said you wanted to move in, is that true?" Clay asked quietly, picking at a loose thread on the couch.

"Eventually maybe. I have a cat of my own whom i'd wanna move here and i'd also feel terribly just taking over your home. I already feel Ive overstayed my welcome, but if i go back to Maryland my mom and I are just gonna fight more and I don't think I can handle that at the moment." Callie whispered, looking over at the dirty blonde haired man sitting across from her.

"I'm totally down for you to move in, Callie. You've not overstayed your welcome by any means. The only issue is rooming situations. If you do move in, I have no care at all, I just like to have a guest bedroom-"

"And one of the bedroom's are George's, I know. If I do move in, it'll be at a point in time where Lauren can just room with sappy nappy. I mean that's where she is eighty percent of her time anyway and if she's not in there she's with me in her room or me in my room. They'll probably room together within two months at the latest." Callie interrupted, smiling at Clay fondly.

"You and Alex seem to be sharing rooms a lot since he's stayed."

"That's so i can scare the monsters away." Alex mumbled, repositioning his head and falling back asleep immediately. Callie smiled down at him, all her emotions laying for all to see on her face.

"I'll leave you to it, Cal. Let me know if you need anything."

"I will, thank you." Callie said, watching him walk away and up the stairs. "What am I gonna do with you." She whispered, looking down at the man who'd already seemed to wiggle his way through the holes in her walls around her heart.

...

**

Callie woke up with a racing heart and her breath stolen. She couldn't think past the rising panic to realize where she was or who she was with. All she could think was get the fuck off of me as she stood up. Her legs were shaky, her hands were trembling, her breathing was completely uneven, her mouth was dry.

"Callie?" Alex asked, but his voice was too far away for her to distinguish. Tears were slipping down her face as she tried to stable herself against anything.

"Alex, don't touch her or she'll get worse." Lauren stated calmly, pulling him back from where he tried to reach out to her. In the short amount of time he woke up, he was now completely awake and ready to help wherever he could. "I'm calling Gabby, she knows how to help."

The phone call was made but Callie couldn't comprehend anything, She begged herself to breathe, she felt her vision going foggy and her hearing fading out. She knew if she didn't breathe she would pass out, but she just couldn't get enough air.

"Hey baby, hey Callie. I need you to breathe with me okay?"

"I can't." Callie whispered, Gabby's voice bringing them back enough to focus on that. They finally realized what was happening, what had triggered it.

"Don't think about anything else, okay? Breathe in with me." Gabby instructed. She took a deep breath but Callie couldn't hold it. "Baby, give the phone to Alex, okay? You can talk to me again in just a second."

Callie nodded, handing the phone off and trying to do the grounding exercise she learned long ago in her college english course, it wasn't working. nothing was working. That panicked her more.

"Alex, i need you to listen. I'm literally about to get in a car and cannot help more than five minutes. You have to take over from here because im about to spend my last five minutes telling you what to do. Do not touch them, but stand with them and in front of them. Do breathing exercises until they are coherent enough to realize what's going on. They need to talk about it, but they won't unless it's to me so that's off the table. Once they're coherent enough, ask them to go into the bedroom with you for privacy. They have a pink panda stuffed animal on their bed. Give it to them, it helps. I have to go, okay? Just talk to them, Alex. They trust you a lot more than you think or know so trust them back." Gabby said before hanging up the phone. He threw the phone back to Lauren and told everyone to leave. They begrudgingly did as requested.

"Hey, Cal, can you hear me?" Alex asked, walking toward her until he saw Callie flinch and he stopped. She nodded shakily, her breathing still abnormal. "Good, good. Can you breathe with me? I'll do the same thing you are yeah? Can we do that, amor?"

They went through breathing exercises together until she was able to take a breath for more than just a second or two.

"Why don't we go sit in your room, okay? We can leave the door open if you want to, if that helps you. I can give you my hoodie and we can just sit and watch a movie for however long you want to, okay?"

Callie nodded, looking at Alex's extended hand hesitantly before grabbing it. He had barely realized he'd extended it until her fingers laced with his. Her body was still a good distance away from his, but at least she felt comfortable enough to make physical contact with him.

"Wanna talk about what happened?" Alex asked, opening the door to her temporary bedroom. She shook her head, gently closing the door behind her with trembling hands. Her entire body was shaking like a frail leaf in the wind.

"That's okay, you don't have to. Why don't you pick the movie and i'll grab a hoodie from my room." Alex said softly. Callie immediately disagreed, shaking her head quickly.

"Alright, i'll give you the hoodie i have on then. I have a shirt on underneath so it's alright. We'll put on a movie and just chill out until you feel better."

Callie nodded, grabbing the hoodie he took off and slipping it over her body. They wiped the tears from their face and took off the glasses she had on. She sat on the bed, closest to the wall, and made enough space for Alex to sit. He sat down on the bed and smiled softly at her while she picked up the remote and chose a show to put on for the time being.