Chapter 15

Jungkook's pov

"Chan, I'm fine. Just let me get through-" I just wanted to walk without having my vision blocked, but my secretary was persistent. I wonder who's the employee at times.

"Boss, my job is to protect you all the time. I absolutely cannot let your identity be revealed." He kept looking around.

I couldn't understand what he meant. I was wearing my black hoodie, with the hood up, and a black facemask, so there was no probability that anyone would identify me.

"But you're holding an umbrella at 8 pm, Chan. It's much more obvious and makes us look really shady," I explained, pushing the black umbrella away from my face.

"We've to be careful-"

"Are you trying to give me an order?" The questioning look on my face, though not seen, was obviously felt as my secretary lowered the umbrella.

There was a small pout on his face as he turned around and walked away. I still wonder why I hired such a big baby who was undeniably cute.

But not more than banana milk. And not cuter than Y/n.

Chan was still in his bermudas, because I called him on his day off for a non-traveler gate pass to the airport terminal. It was really needed.

I walked in and passed to the airside part of the terminal.

The words written on my forearm were already gone. But it's still fresh in my mind.

From the moment I saw him to the one where he hit me with his gun.

Sometimes, it sounds romantic to me but I'm sure it was a complete horror, considering he copied a quote from the movie It.

He must be a fan of that movie. I told this to the police and they wanted me to come back another day.

They concluded I displayed minor signs of Stockholm syndrome. Because I had been describing his physique as Greek-god-like.

I don't know why I'm given counseling for honest opinions.

With all these thoughts in my head, I finally spotted the person I was looking for, seated comfortably with a girl I didn't recognize.

"Hyung!" Jiwoo's voice exclaimed as he immediately stood up and ran towards me. He called me this morning, telling me he was leaving for Seoul on a 9 o'clock flight. That's it. No context. Like always. But that was enough for me.

He ran into my arms and I picked him up, swinging him up in the air for a moment before I held him in my arms.

"Aigoo, you've grown so much," I said, pulling my mask down as I grinned. "How did you know it was me?"

"I can recognize that coconut head from a mile away, hyung," Jiwoo said. "Even with a hoodie on." And was that a roll of eyes?

Sure didn't look like an ice cream roll.

Kids grow up so fast. And I know, they're supposed to be growing up.

All these advertisements for beverages and stuff like that say that it makes teenagers grow up. Truth is, they're going to grow anyway. No difference. Just marketing. I took business for gawd's sake.

"You're watching more of Marvel. That's good," I patted his head, with a smile that vanished once I saw the people standing several feet away from me.

I was not prepared for this.

Letting Jiwoo down, I held his hand, slowly walking towards them as they just stared at me with a blank face.

"Noona," I said in a low voice once I got there, and I knew she heard me because she turned her head to the other side.

It felt like my ribs were moving towards my heart and covering it and it was not because she was my idol and she wouldn't even acknowledge me. It's because I know what I did to deserve that.

"We're leaving for Seoul," I heard Lisa's familiar voice and turned my head to face her. "Just me and unnie with the kids. But we'll be back as soon as we drop them off at your parents' place."

"My parents?" I asked, utterly confused as to why it would be my parents. But then I replayed her words in my head. Kids.

I looked beside Lisa, to the small girl, probably five years old or something, holding her hand as she just listened to our conversation, unbothered.

"This is...," my voice trailed off, not sure what to say or who the girl was.

I looked back at Lisa and waited for an answer. There was something in me that expected a certain answer.

"Y/n's daughter." Like ripping off a band-aid, she wasted no time beating around the bush.

Y/n's daughter.

She has a daughter now. Is she with someone at the moment? She really found her happiness after all the darkness she experiences with me? Or perhaps... could she be my-

"I was adopted," the girl was quick to interrupt the line of thoughts.

I get where that was coming from. Maybe when someone referred to her as Y/n's daughter, people always assumed there has to be a relationship too. But guess she knew. There need not be one. No. Not really.

I said that for myself.

It's the most common recommendation for adoptive parents to disclose the story of adoption at a young age. It promotes a healthy view.

Y/n always said that she wanted to adopt.

I suddenly felt this feeling that was so wonderful and surprising.

This girl in front of me, a gift from heaven, the greatest treasure to a family.

And she was going to meet her grandparents.

Call me delusional if you want.