Epilogue

The sunlight peeked through the curtain falling directly on your daughter's face. Not a minute later, the alarm started ringing. "Good morning, mommy! Another happy and wonderful day for everyone," she shouted as she got out of the bed to get ready for her day.

You watched with a slight chuckle, looking at her be such a morning person.

Jet lag didn't slow her down one bit.

Already done with your morning routine, you wore the Breguet around your wrist before you walked out of your old bedroom.

You came back to Seoul the previous day. You notice that your mansion hasn't changed much.

It was still the same place you grew up in, believing in the good of the world. And now you were back, with no trust in any of it.

Jessica still took care of it the same way. She still made your favorite meals.

Downstairs, she was setting the table, moving the dishes from the granite counter.

"Hey, Jessica," you greeted her once you got to the kitchen, jumping up the counter. "What did you cook today?"

"Nothing special. Just buchujeon, japchae and mochi," she said coolly, and you stared at her. Déjà vu.

"You're the best," you mouthed to her before you grabbed a mochi and got down, walking to the dining table. "And crostini. Are you kidding me?"

"Lisa told me it's Jay's favorite," Jessica replied before she walked behind you with a bowl of mochi she made, minus the one in your hand.

"Alright, serve me my breakfast now!" You ordered, to which she laughed a little.

She saw you smile again. Saw a glimpse of the old Y/n.

Finally, this home was not just made of empty halls she was assigned to take care of.

Your cheerfulness returned even if only for a few moments.

She understood why people say home is within you or nowhere at all.

In another one, the smile was lost.

Unshowered love gathering in the corners of their eyes, the lump in their throats, the hollow feeling in their chests.

And they had no hope to find it again.

Not when everything reminds them of him.

'-Jeon Jungkook, CEO of Jeon Industries, along with seven other workers, tragically passed away in a fire accident in their Los Angeles' warehouse. Tomorrow, his will is to be read to the public by his board of lawyers, marking the first month since the fire. The Jeons-'

The news was turned off by the middle aged man who held a somber look on his face.

The house was drowning in an ocean of silence, except for his wife talking to the person that just arrived.

"And this was Jungkook's favorite teddy when he was a toddler," Jungkook's mother explained to the five year old.

She held an old box on her lap. Action figures of Batman and Robin that came out in 1997, tamagotchi, small toys that were famous in the late 1990s.

We only talk more about people when they're gone.

Their son's fragile head still had to be held carefully when they bought all this. They couldn't resist giving him too much soon.

His parents raised him to work hard and take care of the fortune that'd be handed over to him. To be diligent and intelligent.

When his mother returned after business matters in one of their first storehouses in South Korea, your parents along with Ara's dad were killed.