Chapter 14

"Noona!" Jiwoo's voice almost destroyed your eardrums as you walked into the playroom.

Running into you, he jumped up, having you catch him just in time as he wrapped his arms around your neck.

"I missed you," he pouted, placing a kiss on your cheek.

"That's not fair, mom. I'm your daughter," Jay crossed her arms, standing near the ball pit Jiwoo had just abandoned.

"Alright, c'mere," you stretched your free arm towards her and she ran to you too.

You managed to pick her up too, smiling as you gave their cheeks a kiss each.

"Did you bring me something, noona? You just came back from Seoul," Jiwoo asked with hopeful eyes and you pretended to think.

"Well," you hummed a little. "No, I did not bring anything."

The little boy you held pouted, blinking his eyes rapidly as Jay patted his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.

"But I do have a surprise for you."

At that, his eyes lightened up again, smiling widely as he waited for you to continue.

"Do you remember the slightly old couple I had known before we came here," you reminded him. "They're the sweetest and are going to take care of you both while noonas and mommy finish our work."

"Will they allow us to go to theme parks?" Jay asked, caring more about it than the fact that they were technically gonna be with (kinda) strangers.

"They own a theme park too, sweetie." They were convinced.

-

"They agreed?" Jieun asked as you got back to the living room, having just risen from the ball pit after being persuaded.

"I just asked them a favor, and they agreed without me having to say anything else. They told me they didn't want to know anyway," you replied in monotone. "The kids will be back when this is all over. Plus, eomma told me they can take care of them for even longer."

"She didn't ask about Jay?" Lisa asked, sitting on the couch across from Jieun, a bowl of popcorn shared between them.

"They looked like they doubted it. But I cleared it before they could ask me," you answered, grabbing a water bottle from the freezer as you spoke.

You sipped the water, so cold. Like your heart.

"Even if I didn't, Jay would've," you added. "I look dumb next to her at times."

"You do," Lisa mumbled as you got back to the living room. "But about Jungkook. Are you sure? That you've never felt love-"

"Stop," you said sternly before she could even finish her sentence.

You stared at her for a moment, jaw clenched slightly as your fingernails dug into your palms.

"I've never said that I love him. When we lived under the same roof, I tried to maintain a rapport but that was it," you said, your self-control being slowly consumed.

"Maybe not a second chance. But forgiveness-"

"No, seriously. After you've seen everything he put me through and did to me." You were in disbelief at this point with her. "I didn't expect you to say it. It need not be everyone's decision, I know, it's completely entitled to them and I thought of keeping the baby. He had me ruined, emotionally, physically, he has hit me, all things that don't deserve forgiveness, let alone a second chance. Then I lost everything again. And I'm sorry if anyone thought I was in love with him. I'm not."

You had made your speech ever in your anger, sure that you were not going to regret anything later.

"Karma didn't hit him, Lili. So I fucking will."

With that, you grabbed your overcoat from the coffee table, probably headed to the bar where Riri would be at the moment, and left the house.

Lisa sat there, still and letting your words sink in.

"Y'all be taking years to move on," Jieun between all the tense talk, sighed lazily, head resting on the couch as she munched on her popcorn. "It takes me one hour and I don't care about anything."