Chapter 13

"Anything?" Riri asked as you got in the car. She looked very intrigued, so unlike her.

"They know," you simply answered. Leaning your head against her shoulder, tired from another flight you took from Seoul. "They've known all along."

"So those files they hid," she wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

"The truth," you mumbled, staying silent for a while before you groaned and pushed yourself away from her embrace.

"What's with Lili and unnie?" You asked, staring out the window.

"Waiting for you," she said. "Except the fact that they're also wondering if you'd want to meet and get back or whatever with Jungkook now."

You turned to face her, raising an eyebrow as you contemplated what you should say.

Then you smiled. And she knew. They were in trouble.

"Anyway, I want to meet Eric," you said and turned to the other side again as the car started moving. Sure, it took so long.

"You could have him meet you when we're at the headqu-"

"No. I want to meet him right now," you emphasized your last two words and Riri rolled her eyes.

"The audacity of this b!tch."

-

"Y/n, it's been so long!" The lively voice called out just as you stepped inside the mansion.

"It's been two weeks," you said with no interest, walking past him to the living room.

"Two weeks is too long to be away from you," he whined, making you cringe, all while he trailed behind you. "And I heard that you've gotten hold of a few things now."

The way he smiled while questioning you made you wonder why the f-ck you had secured an alliance with him.

Well, mostly it was him because when you were new in the business and he heard your backstory, what's better than being your executor.

"I have," you replied as you both now sat on the couch. "And you've got quite famous too."

Eric laughed a little. "You don't say. There are people at some places I go, holding signs like 'step on me, daddy.' It's fun, nevertheless."

They're supposed to be terrified of him. He concluded that maybe it's the after effect of these books people write. What were they called again?

"It's all you are, darling," you said, just noticing the fact that he was wearing his black blazer with... red pajamas? Riri would find it amusing but she wanted to stay back in the car and have a drink.

"Enough of that talk," he said. "Now, do I have something for my 2 mm caliber? I've been waiting for so long."

There it was. What you expected to bring out of him, but he answered even before you asked him.

It was just how he was. 50% impulsive instinct and 50% madness. His angel face that hides away his devil thoughts.

His aura kept away his warm chaos, his nightmare of a personality dressed like a daydream. He controls his demons. He's the leader of them. It's everything you can't control at times.

"Kidnapping Jungkook was not needed at all, Eric," you stated calmly. "All these pointless kidnappings just give you a bad reputation."

"I don't give a f-ck about my bad reputation," Eric said, the lively tone gone from his voice now. "It was a much needed talk after all. It was hate at first sight when I saw him. And hate at first speech when I heard what he did."

The statement given by Jungkook to the police was not something that went past you. You clearly read every word he had heard.

Eric was enjoying this hatred more than he has ever enjoyed love.

Love was temporary. This romantic kind of love people believe in, at least.

It hurts you. Pushed you down to a bottom from where you can never return.

But hatred was different. It drives you. It gives you the courage to wield the power you had once been too weak to go for.

One underestimated the power of hatred. It's however you need it.

It makes you realize it's better to be cruel than to be weak.

It doesn't reveal too much. It made people assume. Let them wonder.