Chapter 23

The drive was silent.

Jungkook had stumbled on his way to the car while you waited inside, patiently. He also had to get over the chills Rihanna's glare gave him.

He'd have known who she was even if you hadn't told him. No one hates your ex more than your best friend.

You turned the steering wheel with ease, not really thinking of anything, though Jungkook was staring at you the whole time from the passenger's side.

You still drove the same speed.

"I searched for you," he spoke, unsure if you were willing to hear him. "After you left."

"I know," you replied inexpressively. "You and Jiwoo weren't exactly subtle."

Jungkook looked down at his lap, trying hard to keep in his tears.

Five minutes passed as you raced through the empty roads.

You heard his sniffles that gradually turned into muffled sobs.

You said nothing.

By the time you stopped in your desired spot, you removed your seat belt and so did he, with swollen eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"Get down," you said and he did, along with you.

Jungkook felt the cold air hit him and he slightly had second thoughts about having left the blanket behind in the car near the warehouse.

It was when you called him that all his insides came back to life again that he literally dropped all that he held.

You stood in front of the car, facing the sky in a tucked in black button up. Gazing at the stars, looking like you were one of them.

He joined you in the cold, withstanding the icy embrace. He wanted to stand by you, anywhere you went.

He knew none of it would make a difference.

"I'm sorry."

"Give it a moment, Jungkook," you interrupted him and he stayed quiet. "We all know how this usually plays out. Let's not make it cliché."

(A/n: *makes it cliché)

Oh you know it will be.

You found a comfortable spot on the hood of your car again, and patted the place beside you, signaling him to sit.

Jungkook hesitated, meekly taking a few steps before leaning beside you.

He looked as you silently watched the starry sky, the view of the city lights.

He stayed that way for a while and averted his eyes to the scene in front of him.

"It's beautiful," he observed silently.

You gave a small hum in response. "Could've been a beautiful place for me to die."

"Don't-"

"Shut up," you said monotonously, staring from the cliff.

"Yes," he whispered, looking at the ground. "I missed you."

He captured this moment forever in his heart.

It was worth all these years, for this time he gets to stay beside you.

"Eomma and appa have stopped talking with me," Jungkook started. You noticed his voice crack a little at the end. "I-I told them what I did and t-they-"

Another sob broke out and you turned your head to look at him.

"I know, I deserve all this," you felt the fresh wave of tears about to hit him. "For what I d-did, I let you down-"