Chapter 21

It wasn't the first time you were seeing Jungkook. Not after three years.

You still remember the day you had seen him, in his mansion when he had just moved in.

You remember, the scars he had given himself, the glint of hope in his eyes that you'd come back.

He knew it was worth staying. Worth living for you. For the day you had come back to him.

But for the love of god, he couldn't utter a word now.

Your eyes, like pearls in the night sky, staring back at him, carrying the weight of the memories he had given you.

It's okay, he thought. He deserved this pain.

Sat on the floor and leaning against a huge box behind him, Jungkook showed no intention to move.

Teardrops stung his palms, like the morning dew on flowers. Gone before you know it, but not from your mind.

Everything fell silent except for your slow footsteps.

A pair of eyes held longing, guilt. The other, vacant.

Healing is hard. When your old self wants love. Now you want revenge. But most of all, you just want peace within you.

"Cat got your tongue, sweetie?" You heard Ara's voice from a distance.

Jungkook was six feet away from you when you stopped.

He reminded you of times when you cared about people. When your world was just happy mornings and work. The life he had forced you to walk away from.

You had seen Jungkook's eyes before. And they were nothing like you're seeing now. The vulnerability in them, the years of desperation, love.

And you were torn between walking away and confronting him. You couldn't decide what was right, then you heard him.

"Y/n," the soft caress of your name pulled you away from your thoughts.

You felt your hands shaking. Your body grew numb and you felt the back of your neck cold with sweat.

Suddenly it became hard to breathe.

It felt like your legs were about to give up on you.

All this time of bottling up your emotions took a toll. The thoughts you had buried deep inside, wishing to never think of again, resurfaced.

You could see the tears on his cheeks, nothing like how he made you cry, and clenched your fist, regaining your composure. No matter how much it hurts.

They lied. You believed. Who's the stupid one?

You will not give them that advantage anymore.

This is your hell. You make the rules.

All their previous actions will touch on a chord that will vibrate in eternity.

There was an awful silence and the feeling was getting worse and worse; maybe one of you had less than an hour to live.

You took a shaky breath, feeling goosebumps run down your arms before you spoke again. "Tell me more."

Loud enough for Ara to hear, you walked forward, albeit slowly.

Jungkook had been sitting on the floor and when the distance between you minimized, he raised his head up to look at you.

He whispered your name once again and barely muffled a sob, trying to reach up to hold your hand.

Before he could though, you crouched down, staring at the chains he was bound with.