Metal Lovebirds

Sadie, Tara, and Eva walked down the street linking arms on their way towards the Spirit Club, the rock and metal venue Mary was set to perform in that night.

"Are you excited to see him play?" Eva asked Sadie.

"Totally! I'm nervous too though!"

"How come? He should be the one that's nervous!"

"I dunno! I guess this is sort of a big deal? Seeing him with his band for the first time, meeting his friends?"

"Yeah but you know the guys from Rising Blue at least: we haven't met them yet! At least you know some people there!"

"Jay was messaging me last night actually, he is really excited to meet us, he still wants us to gig with them!"

"That's the vocalist of that band, right?" Tara asked.

"Yeah, look we'll be grand! It's gonna be fun! Oh look, we are here!"

The trio walked into the club and followed the signs for the venue. The place was jumping already.

"This place is COOL!" Tara yelled as they pushed through the crowd.

When they reached the venue doors they were greeted by two women in their mid-30s dressed to the nines. They wore black shiny PVC figure-hugging pants, knee-high boots, and metal band t-shirts.

"Hi girls!" the blonde one greeted while chewing gum. "It's ten in! Eight if you've got a flyer."

"I'm Sadie and these are my friends, Tara and Eva. We're Babydoll. The band. Our names should be on the list?"

"Babydoll?" Blondie Boots chewed blankly.

"Oh! Babydoll!" Brunette Boots elbowed Blondie. "We thought Sadie was Mary's baby doll! I get it now! Didn't think he was seeing anyone right now anyway! Makes sense! Yeah, you three can go straight in!"

Sadie's face flushed and Tara poked her in the ribs. "Mary's babydoll! Scarlet for you!"

Blondie stamped their hands and waved them in.

"Why would they think I'm not Mary's girlfriend?" Sadie was a tad intimidated.

"Don't mind them bitches in their bitch pants and bitch boots!" Tara wrapped her arm around Sadie's waist reassuringly. "We've got you and when Mary sees you, he's going to pop!"

"You guys are still a secret remember, Say?" Eva asked gently.

"True, true. Fuck them! Come on, let's get drinks!" Sadie shook herself off.

Tara approached the barman "Three vodka and white lemonades and three shots of that wicked green stuff my good man, please!"

"Coming right up!" The guy practically tripped over himself to serve Tara and Sadie could see why. She looked amazing in her tight blue jeans, cowboy boots, and dark brown halterneck top. Her long auburn hair was styled in waves and her makeup made her coffee-brown eyes pop. Her belt and big skinny hoop earrings completed her sexy cowgirl look. She looked totally gorgeous and she oozed self-confidence.

"She's so gonna pull tonight, isn't she?" Sadie giggled with Eva.

"The men of this city don't know what's coming for them!" Eva laughed back.

She also looked her best and pulled out all the stops in order to impress. The shortest of the three, Eva rocked the adorable cute boho look of a pink and white floral print dress, boots, and a daisy choker. Her long hair was styled half up in a ponytail while the rest of it flowed down her back. She still dressed like a happy-go-lucky visual communications student, feeling empowered in bespoke, colourful accessories.