counting stars

The girls were putting their guitars into their cases and packing up their gear after a full day of band practice in the local rehearsal studio.

"How is Mary anyway, Sadie?" Eva asked.

"He's good, thanks! He's actually away for the week. There's a conference he's presenting a paper at and he's producing a band too!"

"Exciting! Where is it?"

"New York! It's some audio engineering society or something. I can't really remember. He said he has to be seen to still research and contribute to music production academia for his job. He has to do these events at least once a year!"

"Wow, so why didn't you go with Dr Discostick?" Tara wrapped her guitar cables neatly into her bag. "Sounds like you'd have fun at one of those! And you'd get to watch your man do his thing!"

"He's gone with Pat, the course director. There's no way I could go!" Sadie blushed as she zipped up her snare drum gig bag. "He wrote a paper about locations and metal music making, I didn't ask too much about it, he said it was about recording music in the late 90s and early 00s and the culture in studios at the time. He's a real brain box!"

"It's so cute to hear you talking about him like this!" Eva giggled. "You're really crazy about him, aren't you?"

"I am..."

"He's so perfect! Those pancakes he made us after the gig that time were to die for!"

"I know, right? He's smart, talented, gorgeous..." Sadie sighed and smiled.

"Great in the sack too from what I heard!" Tara put her gig bag on her back and grinned.

"You heard that?"

"Eh, yeah girl! Wow!"

"What about yourself and Jay? You two weren't exactly quiet as mice either! Cheek of you riding Mary's friend under his roof!"

"What can I say? That man packs!" Tara grinned coyly. "God he's good! And I don't think your Mary gave a fuck, otherwise he wouldn't have let him stay!"

"What's the deal with you two anyway?"

"Oh we're a thing. I'm playing hard to get but it's on! Gonna see if he's willing to travel down here to see me again! Looks like he's coming to see me tomorrow night after work."

"As in a date?"

"Emmmmmm... more of a fuck rather than a date! You know me, I don't do romance! But if he wants to call it a date, he can!"

"Maybe you guys should do a double date!" Eva laughed knowing Tara would make a face.

"No, Mary will only take it as an opportunity to see who can fuck the loudest!" Sadie laughed. "Or the longest!"

The three girls laughed loudly as they filed outside to their cars.

"What about Bones? Are you seeing him soon?"

Eva giggled. "Definitely! He's the sweetest, he texts me all the time! He's a big teddy bear!"

"Does he fuck good?" Tara asked bluntly.

"I don't know! We haven't done it yet! We are waiting. It's going so well! We talk about films and stuff all the time..."

"Waiting for what? Christmas?" Tara looked surprised.

"I think that's sweet, Eva. You do what's best for you! Look at how long I waited for Mary! Four months! It was worth the wait!" Sadie hugged her friend.

"I guess we are all happy since Mary came into Sadie's life! We've all got guys who are hot!" Tara laughed. "Our sex lives have improved massively. Thank you, Sadie!"