P8- Until on the other side

I'd appreciate a comment and vote for more continuations of my stories if you like them. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------

2,1k+ Words

---------------------------------------------------------

Last chapter:

"Seems like it. Well, that's one mystery of this place solved. Perhaps you should see where the sheriff's bringing the crown."

"I can't. It's probably heavily guarded right now. And first I need to find out what exactly to do with the key."

"...What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Well, now their boss has talked some strict words into them, they're probably more aggressive and desperate to get me. They also know I have the key now which makes their mission to kill me way more crucial. Now they're really out to get me and more brutal than ever. I think it's best to hide the key in a spot they won't look that quickly so when I find out where they have the crown I can come back to it and use it without a risk taken."

"How much I want to say otherwise, you're right about that. We cannot risk you losing the key when they kill you once again. Not before we know where they hid the crown. Do you have any ideas of where to put it?"

"Yes, and I'm going there right now." Robin jumped off the balk as he carefully landed on the ground. He threw the key in the air one more time before stuffing it in his bag for safety.

"Let's go to Marian's room."

.

.

.

.

Robin ran carelessly through the corridors. He was fearful that someone perhaps sees him, but this was urgent. He had to hide the key now. If they find him and get the key from him, they will kill him till he's done for. This was his only chance of keeping his life.

Robin smiled to himself as he noticed the Princesses her room. He nearly let out a relieved sigh if that wasn't thrown out of the window when the door didn't budge. It was locked.

Robin had to keep himself from letting out a hopeless groan as he tried a few more times, although he and Tom both knew it was useless.

"Well, that seems to be thrown out of the window, huh?" Tom's careless voice made Robin grit his teeth as he glared at nothing. "Are you even trying to help me get out of here anymore or are you just watching me trying to save my own life for entertainment?!"

There was a tut heard before a sigh followed. "No, I'm not enjoying watching you risk your own life for escaping, but I have to say your personality is slipping."

Robin furrowed his brows in confusion as he moved away from the door, deciding it was better to keep moving instead of standing still. "What do you even mean by that?"

"I mean that this universe changed you a lot."

"No, it didn't! I'm still Robin Hood! The outlaw and hero of Nottingham! Just because I'm more cautious doesn't mean I changed fully."

"Robin, I know you for some time and I can tell a difference when I see it. Back in our realm, you were ready to defend yourself and the villagers with your bare fists, even when you were standing alone, that pretty much could've cost your life as well. But here, without a weapon and without your friends...your confidence is lower than ever. So what I'm trying to say is...you're confidence lifts up with the title people give you.