Inner Thoughts

(Bell POV)

I was now in my room once again. 

Laying down on my bed, I felt like my mental strength was draining. The last time I laid here like this it was pure shock, but now I was concerned about it happening to me. Would I be the next one killed?

I'm scared. 

I don't feel like I can trust anyone, yet I know this is what Monokuma wants to happen. He wants us to not trust each other, and for us to despair.

I just want everyone to be safe, I want to be everyone's hero and save them all. Yet, what can I do? I'm...I'm just an idiot. I can't see through traps like Kyoko. I can't set up traps like Ayanokoji. I don't have leadership like Rimuru. And...I don't have the resolve to change like how Subaru did.

There was then a knock at my door. It was late at night so it naturally startled me. 

'Was it Hestia? Was it a killer? Was it...Both?'

I cracked open the door and saw Hestia.

"Hey..." She said with a small but strained smile.

"..." I debated for a moment, but I decided to trust her. I opened the door.

She plopped down on my bed.

"I'm...Terrified to be honest," She said as she rose her knees to her head. "Bell, I feel like I'm gonna die,"

Those words pierced me. It was like a wave of realization came down on me.

If I felt useless now, then how had the others felt? Like Hestia, Issei, or Cid. How had the others who had failed to do anything now feel? 

"I'm not strong, I'm not smart, I have absolutely nothing to be here, other than a victim," She then rose her head, which had tears streaming out of her eyes "I really am scared,"

I sat next to her. 

"..."

I opened my mouth to try and find the right words to comfort her but nothing came out. What could I say? 

"Bell," She looked at me after wiping her tears away "Do you...Want to die with me?"

"..."

This time I was speechless for another reason.

"I have a razor blade with me right now. If we get Monokuma's permission I'm sure he won't mind a suicide in the bathroom together, right?"

I put my hands on her shoulders, then pulled her into the tightest hug I've ever given.

"Please...Please never say that again," 

"...I...Sob,"

She then started crying in my arms, this time though I didn't cry with her.

"Hestia," I said in the strongest voice possible "I will protect you. I promise you will not die. However, you must promise me, that you will never, ever give up living again,"

"...I promise,"

"Good. If you'd like you can sleep in my room tonight,"

"Yes...I think...That would be good," She said with a shaky voice.

As I was setting up the futon, Hestia asked me a question I should've expected.

"Bell...Can we sleep together?"

"...Of course," I said trying not to sound flustered.

I turned off the lights as we got into bed. 

As the hours passed though, I quickly realized something. I couldn't fall asleep. Or rather, it was that I wouldn't.