Three: A Night To Remember

"Yes I will help you enrich your life with new people!!!" Macy yells, a few people giving us irritated looks

"Not exactly what I said but thank you. So.. how exactly are you going to do that..?" I ask nervously

"Are you busy tonight? Of course you aren't. I'll pick you up at 8, wear something form fitting" she demands, looking me up and down "you know what, I actually have something perfect, I'll come over early."

"Fine. But again, I'm just trying something new, doesn't mean I'm going to stick with it and go clubbing with you every night."

"Don't worry, I'm just happy I get total creative freedom to mold your social life."

"That seems like..too much power for you but whatever. See you tonight." She gives me a quick hug and I start to walk back to my place.

I told Macy about my little epiphany last night and she jumped at the chance to take me out. Not that we never go out or anything, I have been to a few clubs and bars with her and a few other mutual friends, I think she's just dying to do this stuff as much as possible before the wedding.

***

A few hours later back at my apartment, I sift through my closet so maybe I don't have to try to squeeze into whatever she's bringing. Macy is a size or two smaller than me but she insists on me trying on her things and vice versa. I end up finding a few possibilities and lay them out on the bed. A dark red and cream colored dress, a flowy black skirt that falls a few inches above my knees with a blue silk blouse, and a green dress with an open lace back. I stare at them all for a few minutes and decide I should leave it up to Macy. And speak of the devil, just as I think that, I hear a knock at the door.

As I open the door Macy walks in with two large bags on her arms. "Okay so I thought a little belt would go great with the outfit I picked out for you so I had to go buy one, but then I saw a dress in the window of this little boutique and it only got worse when I got inside." she explains quickly, going into my room and setting the bags on my bed "I got one for you too."

"Mace, weren't you and Jamie just fighting about money the other night?" I pull out the contents of the bags and look at each dress and outfit, all over 40 dollars at least. "How much was all this together..?"

She looks to the ground and mumbles "about a hundred and twenty or so.."

My mouths pops open and I drop the pink scarf I was holding "Macy-"

"I know, I know, calm down. I'm not keeping all of it. I didn't have time to try it all on so I'll have to return a few. But look!" She holds up a white dress, the neck plunging farther than I'd like to imagine and trimmed with rhinestones.

"I hope to god that isn't for me." I raise an eyebrow at her

"Oh but you'd look so good in it!" She insists, coming over and holding it up to me. I push it away and shake my head furiously

"I think I'll stick to something a bit more modest tonight, but thanks. What about one of these?" I point to the three options I had laid out on my bed and she frowns at them for a few minutes

"I actually really like the blue blouse, try that on." she hands the outfit to me and I change into it. She stares for a minute, her brain working a mile a minute "put the blouse on backwards."

"What?"

"Trust me!" She insists and I obey, turning it around and adjusting it so you can't tell its backwards. It's now deeper in the front but not as low as the rhinestone abomination "okay yes this is perfect. Do you have any heels?" I point to the right side of the closet and she rifles around for a minute then pulls out a pair of short black pumps, the heel only about two inches tall. I put them on and she squeals a little "okay now all you need is to touch up your hair and makeup, a pair of earrings, and a billionaire on one arm." she teases and I stick my tongue out at her. She gets everything needed for her vision (besides the billionaire) out of one of her bags and drags me to the bathroom.