Fifteen: Old Friend

The next day Macy calls me much earlier and more energetic than I would prefer.

"Addy! I ran into Jonathan at the grocery store today and we were chatting, and he told me he has a band of some sorts, and they're opening for the Kinks in September!!"

It takes me a second, since she's screaming and I'm half awake, to get what she's saying. "Wait, what do you mean? And how the hell are you not completely wrecked after drinking so much last night?"

"Oh yeah, sorry about that, thanks for getting me home. Jonathan said that his band is opening for a Kinks concert on September 21st. You should call him!"

"Seriously? That's amazing- hold on I'm gonna call him and then call you back." I hang up and dial Jonathan's number quickly.

"Hello?"

"Jonathan! It's Adelaide!"

"Hey! It's great to hear from you, how is everything?"

"Good, I feel a lot better. Macy just called me and said you and your band are opening for the Kinks in September?"

"Oh yeah, that. Yeah I guess they saw us perform at a bar while they were in town and got our information. We just got the call a few weeks ago and worked out all the details last night."

"Jonathan that's amazing! Where is the concert?"

"Ottawa, Canada. We're flying out a few days before."

"Canada, wow. That's incredible, I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you. Hey, I could probably get you in for free if you wanted to come? You could even bring some friends."

"Free? How are you gonna manage that?"

"Oh you know, I've got my ways." We both chuckle at that.

"Right, of course. Well yes, i would love to come. And I'm sure Macy would too, if that's alright?"

"Absolutely, I expected no less. You can bring as many friends as you want."

"great! I might ask a few more, I know some people who love the Kinks."

"Perfect. Well you ask them and get back to me, I'll talk to the guys in charge." I stay silent for a minute, narrowing my eyes.

"You don't know who's in charge, do you?"

"No clue, but I'll figure it out! Cya, Adelaide." He chuckles and hangs up. I stand there for a moment, a huge smile on my face, then call Macy again, who literally screams when I tell her.

"Holy shit, I'm the best matchmaker in the world." She says when she's done having an aneurysm.

"Yes, of course you are. So I was thinking we could bring Jamie, Andrew, and Julia. They all like the Kinks, right?"

"And Benny."

"Huh?"

"Benny likes the Kinks. I think. And you should invite him anyway."

"How come?"

"Drama, for one. Also he's been great to you, I think you owe him."

"I do. But what to you mean 'drama'?"

"You'll have two guys fighting over you, thats just good entertainment."

I frown, confused. "Okay I don't know what you're talking about but you're a sociopath, I hope you know that."

"Oh Addy, you hurt me so. I think you know what I mean, c'mon."

"I don't. But I do owe him so I'll invite him. Can you call the others?"