Chapter Seven

"Surgeons can't be lazy, the risks are too great. The second we stop pushing ourselves, something terrible happens. Something we never see coming. So we may not always be winners. But we're not lazy. We take chances. We go for broke. We swing for the fences. And sometimes, yeah, we strike out. But sometimes, ya get a home run"

"a moment in the sun. it's a-gone and you can tell that one goodbye"

Meredith, Lucy and Cristina lay down on the grass. "That one looks like an islet cell", Meredith said, pointing out a cloud. "Which one?" Lucy asked.

"That one. It's all puffy and insulin producing"

"It looks like a cloud"

"It looks like an islet cell or maybe a buffalo"

"I have no imagination", Cristina stated. "Teddy sucked it out of me".

"Let's not go there. We're just gonna believe that everything's gonna be okay. We're keeping the faith"

"Yeah. She did say that she had something great for me today. What are you on?"

"Cabbage patch"

"OB still? You gotta get out of those pink scrubs", Lucy said.

"Why? Bailey's got me blackballed from every surgery. Besides, it's quiet. I get to work on the trial stuff"

"I thought Bailey told you to stay away from the trial stuff"

"I know, but I just can't help it because I feel like I'm this close to..."

Before she could finish talking, a ball hit them. "Hey! That could hit us", Cristina exclaimed. "Careful", Lucy warned, as Alex came back to get the ball. "Nice hustle", he commented. "You know, I think this is just more avoiding thinking about Zola", Cristina said. "Did you hear something?" Alex asked. "No. We've bugged Janet till she's sick of us, and she doesn't really know anything so we just have to wait for the court to give us a hearing date, and we're just...", Meredith replied. "Keeping the faith", Lucy finished.

"Keeping the faith"

"Karev, throw the ball!" Owen yelled and Alex threw it. Mark caught it and tried to throw it to Arizona who screamed and dodged it. "Come on!" Derek scoffed. "Robbins, don't be afraid of it", Owen said. Arizona fell over trying to pick it up. "Wait, it flew at my head", she said. "Not bad. Not bad", a woman from the opposite team said to Mark. "You like that?" he smirked.

"I said not bad. Don't go crazy"

They kissed. "Sloan", Derek said. "Sloan". "Yo!" he replied, still kissing her.

"Focus. Hello?"

"Okay"

"Who is that?" Teddy asked. "Julia Canner or Kinney", Arizona replied as Kelly watched them. "She's an ophthalmologist from Seattle Pres. Mark's been seeing her". "Every night this week", Callie chuckled. Arizona threw the ball to Derek.

"Who's up?" Derek asked and Kelly stepped up. "Ripa, let's go", Owen said. Derek threw the ball and she hit it. "Drop the bat. Go, go. Run to third", Owen said. "Don't stop. Come on, everyone, look alive. Yang, Grey, Shepherd, you could at least stand up". Cristina waved and Lucy laughed, pulling her hand down.

"You said "great". Is it a transplant? Is it a heterotopic transplant?" Cristina asked Teddy as they walked with Beck. "No", Teddy replied.

"But you said "great". Is it big?"

"Well, it'll probably take all morning"

They entered the cath lab to meet their patient. "Mr Felker, this Dr Yang and Dr Jacobs", Teddy said. "And they will be performing your angioplasty". "Nice to meet you", Mr Felker said. Cristina forced a smile before turning to Teddy. "Any first year can do this. Even Jacobs is too good for this", Cristina whispered. "Thanks", Beck muttered.