Chapter 16

"Hey," Naruto said, taking a seat on top of his desk.

"Morning," Shikamaru replied.

"Good morning," Sakura said.

"I have something to tell you guys," Naruto said excitedly. But you can't tell anyone, though."

Shikamaru raised an eyebrow, and Sakura leaned closer, intrigued by the statement. Naruto sat on his hands and rocked back and forth while he spoke.

"So Sasuke told me about his feelings yesterday, and we kissed a couple of times," Naruto said.

"So you are dating now? Shikamaru said.

Naruto nodded. But you can't tell anyone, though."

"Oh my god," Sakura said,can I tell Ino?"

"Sure."

Sakura dashed out of the classroom to go and tell Ino about what she had just heard. Naruto second-guessed telling her because it might spread around the whole school. He shrugged it off and sat down in his chair, going back to talking to Shikamaru.

Little did Naruto know that Sakura was waiting to find something out so that she could have Sasuke for herself; she wasn't going to let Naruto take him away from her. Sakura had a plan, and telling Ino was the first step in her master plan to make Sasuke her boyfriend.

After Sasuke came to the school, Sakura had changed, but she had hidden it from Naruto. She needed something to get her and Sasuke together, but when she found out that Naruto liked Sasuke, she formed a plan that would ruin everything for everyone, except her, of course. She would get Sasuke and be happy, or so she thought.

~

Sasuke walked Naruto home that evening, and Naruto kissed him on the cheek before going into his house. Little did they know that they were being watched. Naruto locked the door behind him and tossed his bag on the ground. His apartment was trashed and messy.

Sighing, he walked through the mess to turn on the shower and wash his uniform. He took it off, threw it into the basket next to the door, and hopped into the shower. Naruto washed his hair and body and got out. He walked into his bedroom, laid down on his bed, and closed his eyes. He was tired.

Getting up, he threw on sweatpants and a t-shirt and crawled into bed. A little nap never hurt anyone. Naruto let his eyes rest and let himself drift off to sleep.

Sasuke, on the other hand, skipped stopping at his usual coffee shop since Naruto wasn't there and went straight home. He opened the door to the penthouse and shut it behind him. Slipping off his shoes, he dropped his bag next to them and walked down the hallway to his room, where he also shut the door behind him. He didn't want to be bothered.

Sasuke took a book from one of the shelves and began to read it. It had been a while since he had read for pleasure. He didn't have much time since he was constantly on tour with the band, writing new songs, or attending events; the list never ended.

Sasuke relaxed into a spot on his bed and began reading. It was quiet and calm. Or so he thought.