Chapter 6

Naruto sat down in his seat in homeroom and leaned back in his chair. Suddenly everyone rushed to the door, and lo and behold, it was Sasuke. Naruto rolled his eyes and turned to talk to Shikamaru, who was half asleep on his desk.

Naruto clapped in his face, and Shikamaru swatted at his hands.

"Let me sleep," he mumbled.

Naruto then decided to walk over to Sakura and talk with her. She kept glancing at Sasuke the entire time.

"Why do you keep staring at him?" Naruto asked bluntly.

"Because he is hot and famous," Sakura said.

"And?"

"I like him!" Sakura said.

"Then ask him out," Naruto replied, annoyed.

"I can't just do that. What if he has a girlfriend or another date?" Sakura panicked.

"You'll never know if you don't try," Naruto shrugged.

Sakura took a deep breath and walked over to Sasuke. He was reading a book. He was calm and at peace until Sakura tapped his desk, and he was forced to look up at her.

"Yes?" Sasuke said coldly.

"I was wondering if you were free this weekend." Sakura asked.

"I'm not."

"Oh, then when are you free?"

"Never," Sasuke said.

"Oh, sorry for bothering you," she said before walking back to Naruto.

Sasuke usually gets thousands of offers for dates from random girls and celebrities. He wasn't interested in dating anyone. He just wanted to live in peace, but that obviously wasn't going to happen since he was famous and thousands of people fawned over him.

Sakura sauntered back over to Naruto and sat down at her desk. She banged her head on the desk repeatedly for a couple of minutes before just resting her head there.

"I take it he turned you down?" Naruto said.

"You think?!" Sakura snapped at him.

"Well, maybe you can try again later. He may just not be a morning person," Naruto suggested.

"I just embarrassed myself in front of one of the world's most popular celebrities," Sakura murmured under her breath.

"It's fine," Naruto replied.

Sasuke was listening from his desk. He didn't care what the girl felt, and he didn't want to go on a date with her. Or any other girl, for that matter. He hoped that she wouldn't bother him again later and ask him out again.

~

At the end of the day, Naruto sprinted out of the school to try and get to his cafe shift on time. He ran into someone, but he didn't have time to see who it was.

"Sorry," he said quickly before running off.

Naruto entered the cafe and got changed.

"You're late," the owner of the cafe said to Naruto.

Sorry, I got out of school late," he replied.

Naruto went out to the counter and began working when all of his friends entered the cafe. They sat down in a booth, and Naruto talked to them in between serving tables.

Sasuke entered the same cafe that he went to yesterday; this time he was alone and wasn't bothered by Suigetsu or any of the fangirls for once, but the silence didn't last for long. Sakura approached the table that Sasuke was sitting at.

"Can I sit?" she asked.

"No," Sasuke replied.

"Why won't you go out with me?" Sakura fustrated.

"Because I am not interested in dating anyone, and I don't find you attractive," Sasuke said bluntly.

Sakura felt the tears well up in her eyes as she ran off to the bathroom, where Hinata followed to comfort her.

"What happened to her?" Naruto asked, placing Sasuke's coffee in front of him.

"I turned her down for a date."

"That sucks," Naruto said. "Enjoy your coffee."

He smiled at Sasuke and walked back over to the counter. There was something about Naruto's smile that made Sasuke's heart skip a beat. He brushed the feeling off and took a sip of his coffee.