Chapter 6

I called Jackie as I wiped the tears from my face, I wish he was there, to wipe them off just as he did before.

“Jackie? Come over please, I need you. I’ll explain later”

Not 5 minutes passed when I heard a knock on the door, it was Jackie. 

“Hey”

“What’s wrong?! Stop crying bitch you’re gonna make me cry”

“Niall, we-we kissed”

“Omg you did?! How was it oh my god. Tell me every…”

She stopped.

“Wait then why are you crying?”

She said as she wiped some tears from my pale face, it wasn’t the same as when Niall did it, nothing like it but I was happy I had someone to wipe them off, someone who was there for me, I was happy I had a friend like Jackie

“He left, he didn’t like it I guess…. I don’t know he just left after we kissed. Everything was perfect and then stupid old me decided to kiss him, I was stupid for ever thinking he could ever like me. And the worst thing is,”

I took a deep breathe

“I think I’m in love with him”

“Maybe it wasn’t that he didn’t like it… it could be anything, I bet he does like you I mean your amazing and your so pretty, any guy would be lucky to have you, Theres nothing wrong with you maybe loving him. I honestly think you guys would be adorable… Like Legit”

I gave Jackie the death glare after she used the word legit, she knew I hated that word.

“Legit, Legit. Legit”

She repeated trying to annoy me.

We both laughed as we turned out heads over to the TV, Full House was on, that was our favorite show.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday quickly came. I didn’t want to go to school, I didn’t want to have to face Niall, I was embarrassed, I was afraid of his reaction to seeing me, I was afraid he would ignore me. 

“mom, I feel sick, I don’t think I can go to school today”

I coughed weakly. 

She touched my forehead and looked into my eyes.

“Honey, is there something bothering you at school?”

She said as if she read the pain in my eyes.

“No mom, just… I’m fine”

I said as I dragged myself out of bed.

I pulled out some sweats and a comfy t-shirt; I didn’t feel like wearing anything else.

I got my purple Supra’s from my closet, exited my room and walked downstairs for breakfast, I got some pizza rolls from the fridge and put them in the microwave. 

I heard a knock at the door, it was Jackie. 

“Hey” 

“Hey, you ready?”

“Almost”

I said as I went over to the microwave and took the pizza rolls out.

“Eww, what are those”

I looked at her almost convinced she was using sarcasm, I studied her, nothing. She was actually serious.

“Uhh, Pizza Rolls”

I said trying to hold in my laugh

“Still don’t know what that is”

“Oh my god. Are you serious? “

I took one from my plate and shoved it in her mouth.

I waited for her reaction.

She smiled.

“Give me that!”

She said as she took my plate and ate them all.

I laughed as I grabbed my back-pack and walked through the door.

I walked in first period math. 

Niall was already sitting in a desk talking to some guy, I was happy he’d made a new friend. 

I sat next to Jackie in the back, we always sat in the back so we wouldn’t get caught chewing gum as it was against the school rules.

Class was boring, as always. I couldn’t get my mind off Niall; I caught myself staring at him from time to time. 

Class ended, I got my binder and books and began exiting the class room as I heard a angel like voice call my name.

I turned around to find Niall trying to get my attention. 

“Yeah?” I said nervously yet, curious to see what he had to say.

“Can I talk to you for a sec?”

I nodded yes.

“Look about Friday, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have…”

I didn’t let him finish before I blurted out.

“Niall…. Why did you push back? ... Do you not like me?”

He shook his head.

“No, it’s not that. I just… I can’t. I’m sorry, can we just be friends?”

I sighed,

“Of course” 

I smiled as we both walked down the hallway. 

I wanted to be more than friends though, I’d never felt this way about anyone before, but I guess I have to keep it to myself I’d rather be friends with Niall, then nothing at all.