Chapter 32

We walked down the streets, hand in hand. I admired the trees and houses and grass and air. I admired the freedom that had become foreign to me for the last month. It felt good to be free.

I looked up at Niall and smiled. "I really did miss you" I squeezed his hand slightly and leaned on his shoulder.

He smiled at me, looking down at me because of my short height. "Me too, like alot, alot"

I giggled. "That's alot" he smiled back. "You never really appreciate the things you have until they're taken away from you, you know? I never really had these things growing up, freedom. Like I didn't get the feeling of being able to really breathe. I felt fear all the time and I was always so tense. Then I came here and I could finally breathe. I felt so much freedom to be able to just walk out into the streets and interact with people without fearing what would happen when I got home. But then he came back. He brought me into this dark room and did things I don't even want to say outloud, it was horrible. All that freedom was taken away from me and I feared every breath I took. I was really scared Niall" I was now sobbing into his shoulder. "Not because of the things he did to me, it was because I was afraid I would never get this life back" I motioned to my surroundings, smiling. "I barely even got a taste of this life, id been so used to the cruel and harsh lifestyle of living with my father, but it feels so damn good to be back," I smiled.

"I'm glad your back too."

--------------------------------------------

As soon as we turned the corner I started to get excited, fastening my speed towards the familiar house, my house.

I tugged on Nialls hand and I fast walked slash ran towards the light green house. I heard him chuckle, running along with me.

"Babe, if you run you're gonna trip. You know how clumsy you are, I know how clumsy you are, the queen of England knows how clumsy you are; you shouldn't do much movement." He joked as we reached the drive way.

"Oh, shush" I playfully hit his arm.

We were here. I was home, and boy did it feel good to be back.

"I can't wait to see my mom," I pulled his hand towards the door. "Come on!" I pulled on his arm, him following along.

I opened the door, not even caring that it swung back and hit the wall. I ran to the living room, then to the dining room, then finally the kitchen where I saw the familiar skinny frame that was my mom, dressed in a track suit. "Mom!" I ran towards her enveloping her into my arms. She hugged back as soon as she realized it was me, eyes tearing up she began sobbing into my shoulder.

"Liz, god, Liz" she stroked my cheek. "I was so worried. How are you? Are you okay?" Her motherly indicts kicking in.

"I'm fine mom." I assured her, "d-dad got me. But I'm fine,I'm fine" it hurt to call him that, to call him dad. It hurt to call him anything it even think about him for that matter. Even the good memories hurt, the thought of having the guy who used to occasionally take me out to the park and get ice cream was the same guy who later would take advantage of me.

It hurt. It hurt alot. And it hurt even more knowing that it would hurt forever. I would never get a break from this hurt. Once your scarred, your scarred for life.

I was in an endless sea of hurt and id forgotten how to swim.

But that didn't matter, I had my mom back. I had Niall back. And I had my life back. I'd learn how to swim.

(A/N ill Literally give you five bucks if you share this story I need more readssss)