Chapter 54: Destroy Them

Summary:

After a failed attempt to assassinate the Seiten members, Alicia was furious. Desperate to have them dead, she then reaches out to Mantis to get rid of Seiten's current leader.

He's hesitant to do it, but he has to.
———
She's not stopping anywhere until she has them all gone.

That's what Mantis realized after Alicia gave him the order to eliminate Seiten's new and current leader, Silverwing.

Mantis swore, he had a nice heart-to-heart with him a few days ago, and now Alicia telling him to kill off Seito? The one person who understood him so much? Really?

"Why....Just why....?" He asked himself, but he knows no answer will come to him yet. Sighing, he gets up from his seat and walks out of the room he was in, ready to put the plan in motion.
———
Another long day of work can exhaust the local Seito Imai. Seito, like always, just wants to get home quickly. As always, he walks through the same streets to get home. He then passed by the same alleyway, expecting Mantis to be there like always.

However, what he got was getting dragged into it and getting...abducted in a way.
———
"...wing."

"Si...ve...ng..."

"Silverwing!"

Seito's eyes shot open, and soon enough, he quickly rised up to a sitting position. He looked around, before spotting Mantis in the corner of the room. "What the- Mantis! What the fuck?! Where am I?!" The Seiten leader asked in a panic. Mantis lets out a bitter laugh.

"You shouldn't have trusted me like that~"

And with that, Mantis snaps his fingers, summoning a bunch of lime blades and sharp objects to come flying for Seito. '....No...! I don't wanna end up like Sel!'

Quickly, Seito rolled on his back, successfully dodging the blades without any injuries. Getting up from his laying position, Seito then summons his gun, gripping the handle tightly before aiming it at Mantis.

"You're fucking right. I shouldn't have trusted you." He said, before shooting at Mantis. Mantis managed to dodge the bullet swiftly, however. "Heh, glad you realized that~!"

Eventually, the two fought for so long, to the point where the both of them were exhausted. However, seeing Mantis super exhausted made Seito realized he could just shoot a bullet at him on that moment.

The Seiten leader aimed his gun at Mantis, before shooting his right arm. "Gah! W-what...?!" Mantis yelled out, turning around to see Seito aiming a gun straight at him. "Times up, Mantis. Even if you try to kill me, you can't. I'm literally unstoppable at this rate."

To that, Mantis sighed, before falling to his knees and holding his injured arm. Seito was caught off-guard by that, but he decided to just...confront him with words. He slowly walked closer to the scientist, careful to make sure Mantis isn't faking anything.

The blue haired man then knelt down infront of the lime haired man. "Mantis?" He called out, and a groan came out of the other man. "Ugh, what the fuck is it now? You shot me, I admit defeat."

"...No you won't. And I know that. It's just a shot on your arm, nothing serious, so I'm sure you can still fight me." Seito replied. Seito chuckled. "Haha, you're right."

"Why are you even doing this? I thought you're not as bad as I thought." The Seiten leader asked, and the Fukushu scientist sighed. "Heh, because that's what Alicia ordered me to do."

"I didn't want to do this, but..." Mantis then reached out his hand, making Seito confused. But then, suddenly, Seito could understand what's about to come, and immediately got up and backed away. At the same time, a bunch of spikes come out of the ground.

"What the-?! I feel like you never did this ever?!" The blue haired man asked in disbelief. "Because this is a more recent ability I implemented onto myself." The lime haired man answered, before snapping his fingers again to summon even more spikes to come at Seito.

Seito managed to dodge one.

"Enough of this shit."

Seito dodged another one.

"So, how about you."

Seito dodged a third spike.

"Just."

Seito dodged a forth spike.

"Fucking!'

Seito dodged a fifth one.

"DIE ALREADY!!!"

A bunch of spikes come at Seito all at once, and Seito then used his abilities to shield himself from their attacks. Seito then jumped backwards, and then a bunch of spikes come out of the ground.

"You can't defeat me, Mantis! Just give up!" Seito exclaimed. Mantis was furious, and then he summoned a spike, grabbed it, and then lunged forward to Seito to stab him with it. Seito managed to dodge it yet again.

"HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU DODGE ALL OF MY ATTACKS?!" Mantis asked in disbelief, the tone in his voice making him sound like he's about to give up any moment. "Because I trained with Sel a lot. She's a good teacher and trainer, trust me." Seito answered in a half-mocking manner.

"I....I...!" Mantis grew tired, before he then fell to the floor, going unconscious.

"Ah! Mantis?!"