Chapter 1

Hey, so this is my first story I've written on wattpad. So mind all my mistakes and lack of experience. I will be writing most and probably all of the story on my iphone so therell be alot of spelling mistakes (due to auto correct) so yeah. I promise to get better (: I'll let you read the story now haha. Hope you enjoy (:   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Lara's P.O.V*

He stared into my eyes and smiled. He leant in further as his hand slid up to my cheek. His eyes closed as mine did and our lips touched. My arms wrapped around his neck. The kiss deepened and lasted for a while.

He pulled away and opened his eyes slowly as I did. He smiled his amazing, perfect smile.  

"I lo-"

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF BED!!!"

Fuck my life. Once again, my dad woke me up at the best part of my dream. I sat up before my dad yelled at me again.

"I'm up" I stumbled out of bed "now get out of my room" I pushed my dad out of my room and slammed my door behind him. I heard him stumble down the stairs. Yep, he was drunk. The usual.

I walked into my ensuite and looked into the mirror. I fixed my hair up by putting it into a side pony tail letting my gorgeous loose curls rest on my shoulder. I tied a white ribbon into a nice little bow around my hair tie. I grabbed my makeup out of the cupboard and applied my foundation, mascara and eyeliner. I put on a fair bit of mascara because it brought out the blue in my beautiful blue eyes. (A/N if that makes sense).

My phone started singing 'I dedicate this song to you. The one who never sees the truth' (A/N yes, 5sos. I'm in love with them. Don't judge me (: okay? Okay) I ran to my bedside table and answered it. It was my best friend Kyle.

"Hey Kylie!" I said just before he started saying

"Lara I need to talk to you" he didn't sound too happy

"Go ahead" I plonked myself on my bed

"You need to fucking get out of that house!!" He always tells me to get out

"I can't leave. I have no where to go. My dad will probably fucking hunt me down or some shit. I can't just leave Axl here all by himself. My-"

"Lara, just fucking leave. Stay at my place. You can bring Axl, he can hang with Peter" it sounded like he was going to start crying.

"I will leave Friday. I will stay at your place with Axl, but I'll only stay for a week cause my dad will probably try hunting me down" I heard Kyle sigh

"Fine then, but just don't get hurt"

What did he mean? I know that. I'm not dumb.

"I won't"

"Good. See you at school"

"Ok bye" I ended the call and quickly finished my makeup and quickly got dressed in my school uniform.

I started thinking about Kyle saying 'don't get hurt'? I've been protecting myself for almost 8 years now. I'm pretty sure I can still protect myself. Kyle's like a brother to me. I've known him pretty much my whole life. He's always been there for me. He's been through most of the pain I've been through, including when my mum died, when my dad bashes me, all of it practically. He cares about me so much and I care about him too, but sometimes I just have to try not to.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I walked into Alx's room. Axl was my 8 year old brother by the way. He was such a cutie.

"C'mon Axl. You ready?" He walked to the door way dressed in his school uniform

"Yep" I grabbed his hand and walked over to the school bags and grabbed mine and grabbed an apple for breakfast. I helped Axl pack his bag and get some food for school. I slipped on my black vans, they are my school shoes. Dad can't be bothered buying sneakers for us. Axl slipped on his converses and we started to walk to school.

"Lara?"

"Yes Axl"

"Why is daddy so mean to us?" I stopped in my tracks and stared at the ground. What do I say? A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Is it because he smokes and drinks alcohol a lot?" I don't know what to say.

"I guess so" I grabbed his hand and walked to Kyle's place and knocked on the door. Within about 5 seconds, Kyle answered and of course, he wasn't wearing a shirt. I was used to it though.

"Hey Lara. Come in" I walked in and Axl walked in after. Kyle shut the door.

"Hurry up and get ready, we're going to be late" I said as I put my bag on the ground. Axl ran over to Peter and started playing with him. Kyle smiled and said

"Have fun getting Peter ready now" I could hear the sarcasm in his voice and I jokingly hit him in the stomach. He laughed and ran to his room and got dressed.

I walked over to Peter

"Hey bud. You gonna get ready for school?" Peter stopped playing and nodded and ran to his room. Kyle walked out with his shirt in his hands.

"How come you can get him ready so quickly? He doesn't even listen to me" I laughed and joked

"Well, I am a woman" and winked. Kyle laughed and put his shirt on. Peter came running out dressed and ready for school. Axl and I grabbed our bags and walked out the door.

My phone dinged and I grabbed it out and read the text 'hey gurl, I was wondering if you wanted to hang today (: hope you can -Brittany!<3xx'

I love Brittany. She was like my sister. She's known me a little more than Kyle has, but it doesn't bother me. They're both like family to me, and I treat them no different. Well I treat Kyle differently to Brittany, but you get what I mean.

Kyle and Peter walked out the door and we started walking to school. Axl and Peter were walking together infront of me and Kyle.

"Axl asked me something this morning I hoped he'd never ask..." I started to say. Kyle looked at me

"What did he ask?" I could tell he was worried.

"He asked why is daddy so mean to us. Then said is it because he smokes and drinks alcohol. I didn't know what to say" I looked up at Kyle with tears building up in my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me and let me cry into his chest. Axl and Peter just stood there staring.

"Shhhh, it's ok Lara" I was trying not to cry, not that I was crying heaps, but I had to be strong and tough infront of Axl. I finally stopped and wiped my tears away. I looked at my hands and saw black on them. Fuck. My makeup is running.

"Hey Kyle, is my makeup bad?" I said looking up at him. He laughed and said

"You look like a freaking goth" I laughed and used my phone camera as a mirror and fixed my makeup.

Once I had fixed it up, we arrived at school. I walked with Axl and Peter to their class with Kyle and then Kyle and I walked across the road to the high school.

We practically ran to our lockers cause we knew we were a bit late. Once we got our books out of our lockers we went to home group (A/N idk what you would call it, it's the class in the morning where the teacher like calls out the role and the notices and that).

We walked in just as the last person in line went in, so we were technically on time.

When we walked in, we looked for a spare seat. I saw two spare ones, each of them between Jacob, the weird kid that no one likes, and OMG! JAI FREAKING BROOKS!! ASDFGHJKL! I'm like dieing inside. Jai brooks is my ultimate crush. No one and I repeat NO ONE is as amazing or hot or nice or sweet as him.

I looked at Kyle and I raced him to the spot beside Jai. Kyle won, but he sat beside Jacob because he knew how much I was in love with Jai.

"Hey Lara"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so that's the end of the chapter, I know it's long but once again, it's my first book I've written on wattpad. I'll get better and so will the story the more experience I have. Thank you for reading (: tell all your friends about this book and help support me (:

Love, Crystal (: xx