Chapter 25

-1 week later-

**Kyle's POV**

We were finally back in town from our holiday. I quickly pulled out my phone and checked the time. 3:01 pm on a Thursday. Lara would be walking home from shook right now. I decided to text Justin.

'Hey! I just got back in town. Are you at home or is it just Lara?' ~Kyle.

I waited patiently for a reply as I stared at the screen. I got a reply from Justin almost instantly.

'Hey!! I'm at work. Lara should be home by herself. You should surprise her or something' ~Justin.

I smiled and quickly tapped away at the screen.

'Okay cool. Yeah I have a present for her. I guess I'll see ya soon then' ~Kyle.

I looked out the window and watched the trees pass by as we drove. My phone buzzed and I saw Justin replied.

'Okay yeah. I finish at 4:30 so I'll see you around that time' ~Justin.

I exited the app and locked my phone. I looked out the window as my head rested against the window.

--

We arrived at home and I jumped out of the car and bolted towards the front door. I fiddled around with the 50 million keys (exaggeration) on the key ring before finding the house key. I unlocked the door and ran inside. I started searching for Lara.

I looked in Peter's room. The lounge room. Kitchen. Everywhere but I couldn't find her. I called out to her but I didn't get a reply. Mum was out at the car unpacking. I stopped moving and talking and listened. Maybe she was making some noise. I heard faint sobs coming from my room. I walked up to my doorway and opened the door. My heart dropped.

"Lara! Don't!!!" I yelled as I grabbed her waist. I pulled her down from the chair she was standing on. I looked up and saw a rope hanging. I started shaking as I looked at Lara. She looked terrible. She looked like a fucking mess. Her eyes were pouring out tears. Her makeup was running making her look like a fucking panda. She looked so weak. So fragile. So skinny. She just looked terrible. She was shaking as she stood infront of me crying. I looked down at her wrists. Her blood stained, torn up wrists. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"K-Kyle, I-I'm sorry" she said sniffling. I pulled her into a tight hug. I stood there hugging her like my life depended on it.

"No need to be sorry Lara. But why? Why would you do that? You know I'm always here for you. Always" I said as my chin rested on her head. She just lost it. She started choking on her tears as she cried harder. I stood there holding her tightly until she calmed down a bit.

"But Kyle, n-no one was here just t-to g-give me a h-hug" Lara said trying not to cry. She couldn't stop though.

"What about Justin? What about Brittany? What about Jai? Where was Jai? Didn't he promise to be by your side until your guys death? What happened? Where is he? What did he fucking do to you? Did he do this to you? I'm going to fucking smash his face in!" I said getting angrier the more I spoke. I wasn't hugging Lara anymore. I was standing in front of her holding he hands to calm her down.

"Lara... What happened between you and Jai?" I asked looking into Lara's eyes. She let go of my hands and ran towards the chair. I tried pulling her back but I couldn't reach her. She jumped onto the chair and reached for the rope. I jumped towards her knocking the chair over causing Lara to fall on top of me.

"Don't Lara. I won't let you. I will handcuff you to me if I have to. I can't loose you. You're my best friend and I love you so fucking much. Please don't go Lara. I wouldn't be able to live any longer if you go" I said looking into Lara's eyes. She rested her head on my chest and looked at the wall.