Chapter 17

"I'm fine! Honestly!" I yelled into the phone for the 15th time.

"No! Tell me where you are! I can't leave you with that guy Lara! He was going to bash you!" Jai yelled back. I groaned and sat on the ground against a wall.

"Jai, he's my best friend. I've known him for as long as I can remember. I can trust him Jai. I can. If you really love me, you'd believe me and leave me. I won't be long" I said getting frustrated. Jai paused, obviously thinking.

"Fine then Lara. Half an hour and I will come find you. I love you" Jai replied blowing a kiss through the phone. I smiled and looked down into my lap.

"Thank you. Love you too" I replied blowing a kiss. I sat there listening into my phone, waiting for Jai to hang up. It took about 3 minutes before Jai hung up.

"So, lover boy letting you stay?" Harry asked leaning against the bench, lighting a cigarette. I laughed a little and rolled my eyes.

"For half an hour. Gosh he's so protective" I replied jumping onto the bench, grabbing a cigarette and lighting it.

"Want a joint?" Harry asked blowing out the smoke from his mouth. As much as I did, I shook my head.

"Nah, Jai will notice and flip out" I replied inhaling the tobacco. Harry laughed and pulled out his phone.

"Not the first time you've done it?" Harry asked tapping away at his phone.

"As in smoked a joint? Or that Jai has found out?" I asked puffing out the smoke from my mouth. I felt so relaxed. I haven't felt so relaxed in ages.

"Jai's found out" Harry replied, his eyes glue onto his phone. (A/n not literally)

"Oh, no. He doesn't know. I just know he hates drugs. He went ape shit when he found out one of his friends did drugs. That's why I'm so confused why he is friends with Matt and Tom" I replied. Harry nodded and looked up from his phone.

"Well, it's best if you don't tell him ey" Harry said blowing out the smoke from his mouth.

"Yeah. I don't even think he likes smoking. But he can't take that away from me. It's the only way I feel relaxed and calm. It just soothes me" I said closing my eyes and inhaling the cigarette.

"Oh yeah, fair enough. If you don't mind me asking, has your dad gotten any better?" Harry asked looking at me. His eyes looking straight into mine.

"Well, he hasn't really changed. He got real bad for a couple months, but he's just the same as he used to be" I shut offed dangling my legs off the bench. Harry nodded and inhaled the cigarette.

"Well if shit ever goes wrong, you're always welcome here. No matter if I'm here or not" Harry said smiling at me. I smiled at him thanking him.

"Thanks Harry. It means alot. I usually go to Kyle's but dad knows that's where I go" I replied looking down at my legs.

"Kyle? As in, Kyle Atkinson?" Harry said with a very happy facial expression on his face.

"Yeah. Kyle Atkinson" I replied. Harry had the biggest smile on his face.

"How is he? Gosh I love that kid" Harry said laughing a little.

"Yeah, he's good. He's always looking after me and that which is good" I said as I put the cigarette in the ash tray.

"Good. He better or else I'll kick his balls in" Harry replied laughing a little. I laughed at the thought of Harry kicking Kyle's balls in.

"I'll let him know that" I replied.