Chapter 18

"Bye babe. See you at school tomorrow" Jai said as he kissing my forehead. I smiled and hugged him again.

"Yeah, hopefully I will. Bye" I said waving goodbye to Jai. I jumped in Justin's car between Kyle and Justin. As Justin drove off, I waved to Jai until he disappeared.

"Soooooo, how was it?" Kyle asked nudging my shoulder a little.

"It was good. Oh my god! Guess who I ran into!" I said excitedly jumping in my seat.

"Who? Who? Who? Who? Who?" Kyle said sounding excited.

"Harry!" I said. Kyle's face lit up as he stared at me.

"Harry as in.... Harry Harry" Kyle said. I nodded quickly like a little kid.

"Holy shit! How is he? I miss him so much!" Kyle said as he leaned back in his chair.

"He's..... He's alright" I said looking down into my lap. Kyle looked at me strangely.

"What's wrong?" Kyle asked sitting me up.

"Nothing nothing nothing. Jai just hates him. He doesn't want me socialising with him" I said brushing off the fact that Harry's dad committed suicide and Matt and Tom and all that shit. I didn't want to ruin the moment.

"Oh. Don't listen to Jai. He can just go get fucked" Kyle said laughing a little. "He can't tell you who to hang with. He doesn't control you life Lara. He's just a harmless crush that you will get over soon anyways. All girls do" It was like he didn't take breath due to the fact that he took a deep breath after his little speech.

"We're dating..." I said quietly. Kyle's face dropped as he stared at me. I think I even saw a tear form in his eye.

"Oh.... I'm so sorry Lara. I didn't mean it. I jus-"

"It's okay Kyle. It really is. I should've told you when I got in" I said apologetically.

"Kyle you should really think before you speak" Justin said. He talked for the first time the whole car drive. I actually forgot he was in the car.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I get told that enough at home" Kyle said as he leaned his head on the window. He stared out the window probably counting the wheelie bins as usual.

The rest of the car drive was silent. An awkward silence that felt like a million years but was only 5 minutes. The ute slowed down in front of Kyle's house. Kyle got out and speed walked into the house. I looked over at Justin and he just shrugged.

"Kyle and his mum had a fight before we came to pick you up. He was going on a rage fit and started saying shit that Peter and Axl shouldn't be hearing" Justin said pulling the keys out of the ignition.

"Oh really?" I asked unbuckling my seatbelt. Justin nodded.

"Yeah. He was in a shitty mood before you hopped in the car. But now that I've said something he's probably got the shits" Justin said laughing a little.

"It never really takes much" I said laughing as I scooted across to the other side of the car and hoping out.

"Yeah. All you gotta do is give him the wrong look sometimes" Justin said as he hopped out of the car and locked it. I laughed a little and agreed. Kyle has real bad anger issues.

We walked inside the house and got greeted by a very happy Axl. He ran up to me and clung himself around my leg tightly.

"Hey bud how are ya?" I said looking down at him. He looked up and smiled a cheeky grin.

"Good. I had heaps of fun with Peter! Thank you for letting me stay here" Axl said hugging my leg tighter. I laughed and little and tried walking to the couch.