6. Ryker

I was in my office when I felt a tug on my mind and dropped the invisible wall down and Morgan's voice soon filtered through.

>Rogue east boarder< I snarled at that as o shit the folder I had been going through and stood up from my chair before throwing the window behind me open and jumped down shifting midair.

>Search the surrounding area to see if there are more< I said through the mind-link.

>Already dispatched a group of patrolling wolves to go check the area so far they haven't scented any more< Morgan replied as I rushed through the woods in the direction of where she was.

>Doesn't mean he's working alone, remember wolves can mask there scents to infiltrate packs< I told her

>Yeah yeah,< she replied and I rolled my eyes.

>Watch your tone, Morgan, you may be my friend but I'm still your alpha<

>How can I forget that?< I smirked at her tone and knew she was rolling her eyes, >are almost here?<

>Just about to crash through the tres now< I replied. I couldn't scent any rogues near by but like I said, that didn't mean there were any need by. Rogues and packs alike have leaned to mask there scents to not be scented when they attack as it gives them an upper hand.

I crashed through the trees to see Morgan and Zain, my third in command, and a few other pack members circling a small wolf that was shaking and whimpering.

>Every time we get near him, he starts growling at us< Zain said and I nodded as I noticed they were a few feet away from the trembling rogue. He was small with matted fur, there were some patches of fur missing in some areas and I could see a few cuts and burn marks there.

I nodded at them to back away from the trembling wolf as I sat on my hunches. The little wolf whimpered as he shook. He was skinny and small. He wasn't aggressive because he wanted to but because he felt threatened, any wolf would be if they were surrounded by huge wolves that were stronger and bigger then.

I sat closed by eyes and blocked all the noises around me and focused on trying to break into the rogues mind in order to communicate with it but he had it locked.

>Come on, you're not in danger< I said but my word went unheard as the rogue growled as his ears folded down into his head.

>Leave us< I told my pack members making them object but I gave them a warning growl that had the little rogue whimpering as he scurried away. >now<

>Yes, alpha< they replied before giving us one final as they walked back towards the woods.

>Make sure there are no more rogues around the territory< I ordered

>Yes, alpha< they replied again and I closed the mind link. I walked behind a tree and let my bones shift before putting on a pair of shorts that was stuffed inside the trunk. We had stashes of clothes scattered around the territory for moments like these. I returned to the emaciated wolf. He looked up and stared with wide eyes. I sat across from him and gave it a small smile letting it know he wasn't in danger.

>What are you planning, Ryker?< Zeus asked as he sat on his hunches in mind mind watching.

>To get it to trust me,< I said and he stared at me and I could practically see him with a brow raised and rolled my eyes, >I may not like rogues, but something tells me that this wolf isn't feral. He's only aggressive because he's afraid< he nodded before resting his massive head on his paws and watched from behind the lens of my mind as I returned my attention to the wolf.