8. Ryker

"Hello, Caden," I softly greeted the teen a few days later since I wanted him to have a few days to collect himself. He had his head resting on his knees with his arms wrapped around them. He looked up and I could see fear in his eyes so I kept a safe distance from him as to not scare him again. "How are you feeling?"

He just stared up at me with his chin on his knees. He wasn't hooked to any machines any more but I didn't need a monitor to know his heart was beating at an erotic pace.

>Rye?< Morgan called through the mind-link.

>Yeah?<

>Luca SaintClaire is here<

>I'll right there< I told her before closing the mind-link.

I turned to the teen and gave him a small reassuring smile, "there's e someone I'd like you to meet," he blinked and said nothing but I could see he was confused as his brows furrowed, "I'm going to go get him and maybe you could talk to him."

He frowned but still no words were said and I sighed, "I'll be right back."

I walked out Caden's room and headed back to the main house where I saw Morgan and Luca talking about gardening and what chemicals were safe for the plants and animals.

"Hello, Ryker," Luca greeted when he spotted me, "is there a reason you wanted to speak with me?"

"Hello, Luca," I greeted the older male before nodding. "Please, let's speak in my office and then I'll lead you to Caden."

"Caden?" Luca asked with narrowed eyes, "I hope this isn't another lover of yours." I was instantly on guard when I felt his wolf surface which had Zeus pacing in ny head.

>How dare he let his wolf out?< he snarled making me clench my jaw.

"No," I replied, "and even if he was, it doesn't concern you."

>What the fuck are you saying, you moron?< Zeus snarled in my head but I ignored him.

"It concerns me when it involves my grandson," Luca said freezing me.

I closed my eyes at my mistake and sighed rubbing my face.

"Caden is not a lover," I said and he raised a brow, "I know I have a reputation of having lovers but since learning of being mates with Preston I have ended them." Luca didn't look convinced but didn't say anything else instead sat on one of the sofas in my office.

"So care to tell me who this Caden person is then?" He asked, "and why you wanted me, of all people, to speak with him?"

I took a deep breath, "because you and him are similar." He stared at me, and I continued, "Caden is a rogue that trespassed into my territory four days ago."

He nodded and waited for me to get to the point, "my pack Doctor said that Caden had suffered abuse."

I saw as Luca's demeanor shifted at that but still he waited for me to finish, "and I know I'm crossing the line but I know you experienced something similar back in your youth. Doctor Mallard said that Caden will need therapy to deal with the trauma but I hope you could at least help me in getting him to at least talk or something."