10. Ryker

"Go," Princeton said, "speak with Preston, if I know anything about my son, then I have a feeling he's thinking negatively about your words in regards to your new pack member." He nodded towards the trembling teen that was being shielded from the male  across the yard by Alaska.

I looked at the pack across us and then at Caden who gave me a small smile and nod.

>Go speak with your mate, Alpha< he said through the pack link and I nodded before running in the direction of my distraught mate. I needed to tell him that was he saw and heard was not what it meant.

I lifted my nose to the air and followed his scent until I reached a clearing with a small stream. His beautiful wolf laid with its massive head on its paws, eyes snapping open when he sensed me. He stood up and backed away and I could see him fighting within himself on whether to run once more or to stay.

"Don't," I said once I had shifted to human, "just hear me out."

His eyes looked over my shoulder as if wondering if I had ran here with someone else or alone. "They're back at your home." He snapped his eyes back to me, those beautiful silver eyes that glowed bright with the sun above him. "What you saw and heard is not what you think." He scoffed as he titled his head away but I kept going, "I know it's a lousy thing to say but it's true. There's nothing going on between me and Caden." He looked back and titled his head. "The boy that was with me when you got home." He sniffed as he laid down his head retiring back on his paws. I sighed grateful that he was allowing me to explain myself. "Caden is a rogue that crossed onto my pack a few days ago. The pack that attacked—well tried to attack yours—was his former pack. He told me something that happened to him when he lived in GreySkies."

His ears twitched as a twig snapped behind me and I looked over my shoulder to see Caden walk through the trees and it earned him and me a growl from the white wolf across me.

"I think it would be best if he heard it from me." He said as he kept his distance. "I don't want you to have problems with your mate because of a misunderstanding."

Preston stopped growling at Caden's words before his body shifted and before me stood the same boy that I've grown to love since I learned he was my mate.

Preston.

"If you knew he had a mate why did you cling to him like that?" He asked Caden making the latter flinch at the harshness of his words.

"I'm sorry," Caden apologized titling his back in submission as he trembled from where he stood. Preston blinked and confusion clouded his eyes. "I-Im not very good being around high raking wolves. The only one I've been around since I ran away from my pack had been Alpha Ryker and he's like a protective shield for me."

Preston looked between us before he sighed sitting on the grass beside the creek.

"I would never do anything that would hurt you, Preston." I said and he bit his bottom lip before nodding.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, "I jumped to conclusions without thinking which is stupid. I'm just scared that you would think it was a mistake to be mated to me and would wan—"

"Stop," I said cutting him off and he closed his mouth before looking at Caden, "I take it that they left?" He nodded, "but.."

"But they said they won't give up until I'm taken back," Preston stared at him with furrowed brows, "I'm sorry for causing you so many problems Alpha Ryker."

"They can try all they want but you're part of my pack which means we will be protecting you." I stated.

"I'm sure Alaska has also said that the pack will back MoonLit Oasis if they return," Preston said making Caden turn to him which had my mate blushing, "I mean, SavageKing and MoonLit Oasis will eventually be family with mine and Ryker's mating."

Caden nodded before saying, "I'm really sorry for causing any problems between you both." Preston nodded, "I'm going to head back to the house and wait for you." He added as he turned to me and I nodded.

****

"I want you to understand that I'll never see anyone as anything else other than a pack mate or friend because I only have eyes for you," I stated once Caden had left us in the clearing and Preston hit his lip before nodding.

"Would you still feel the same if we weren't mates?" He asked and I smiled cupping his face making a blush coat his cheeks.

"Yes," I replied and he blinked as he looked up at me. "When I saw you the first time when you visited the paid house with Benson and Luna, I wanted you."

"What?" He asked shocked making me smile and I ran my thumb along his bottom lip, before pulling him closer. His breath hitched at our proximity and I leaned down so our lips were mere inches away from each other.

"I've always wanted you, Preston SaintClaire and I'm happy to know that I have you." Then I pressed my lips to his and I could hear the sound of his heart beat racing as he gripped my shirt as I pulled him closer and I could feel Zeus pace in my head as we kissed before pulling apart. "There is no one else I would ever want to be mine then you. You are it for me now and forever, Preston."

He stared at me with rosy cheeks and red puffy lips from our make out session, "and you are it for me too, Ryker Storm."

We headed back to his house and his parents stared at us with raised brows but said nothing as Preston blushed as we walked hand in hand.

"Alaska received an email from Leonardo," Jessie stated when we reached them making me furrow my brows, "and it stated that you have 3 days to return Caden to him or be ready for an attack." He rolled his eyes at that making me raise a brow.

"Then let them try," I said making Preston tense, "my pack will be ready, they'll be in for a surprise when they realize that MoonLit Oasis doesn't coward at threats."

"And now that SavageKing will also be ready to aide you if you need it," Beta Princeton stated, "we are family after all." I smiled as I nodded while Preston blushed again.

"Thank you," I stated and the pair nodded before turning to their son.

"Luna called, she said to give her a call when you get a chance." Jessie said and Preston's eyes widened before cursing, which had his parents raising their brows as he rushed inside the house after quickly giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Be careful with him, Ryker Storm."