Diagon Alley

"I can take her now if you wish, it'll only take a few hours." The witch smiled, turning her attention to me.
"A few hours to get to London." My mum frowned.
"Oh no, we can get there in a few seconds." The witch grinned, "take my arm."
Taking a glance to my mum, she gave a small nod to which I walked towards the witch and took hold of her arm as instructed. Within a second, I glanced around to see a dark alleyway surrounding me.
"Is this Diagon Alley?" I frowned, looking around in disappointment. I began to feel slightly dizzy and out of breath with the sudden change of scenery. The best way to describe it is when a rollercoaster suddenly drops and you feel your stomach follow and feel as though you're loosing your head almost. A small laugh could be heard from the woman besides me as I rested my hand on the damp wall next to me to regain balance. "Don't worry." The woman smiled, "everyone feels queasy after the first time. And no, this is not Diagon Alley but it is London."
With this, she strode off, myself following her out of the alleyway and into some street littered with small shops and cafes. Looking around, one building stood out: a dodgy looking pub which a lot seemed to avoid by the name of The Leaky Cauldron. Of course, this just so happened to be the place McGonagall lead us towards. Walking inside, it seemed to be just as strange as I had imagined. A couple of people sat at tables, all seemingly old, dirty and missing an eye, limb or teeth. I kept very close to the woman in front of me as she smiled towards an old man placed behind the bar. His eyes shifted from her to me to which he smiled and nodded.
"Good luck." He spoke in a croaky, some what whispered tone. Awkwardly, I smiled towards him before making my way to a rickety, old door which lead to a small stone courtyard surrounded by deep brick walls.

I observed as McGonagall once again pulled out her wand and place it onto one of the middle bricks as well as a one below and one above. Intrigued, my eyes followed each brick which now appeared to be turning and shifting out of place. Eyes wide, they landed upon a brightly lit street full of characteristic shops and stores, begging to be entered. I stared upon its beauty to which McGonagall simply smiled.
"Welcome to Diagon Alley."

Looking around, my eyes were met with people flying on brooms, sparks flying from wands, owls hovering in the air. It was like something out of a fairytale. There were shops for everything a witch or wizard could want! There were shops for cauldrons, wands, money, brooms, cloaks, books and so much more.
"Which one am I going in first?" I asked, bouncing slightly as I could barely stay still.
"Well," the professor smiled, "we'll need to go to Gringots in order to get you some money, then you can roam free, as long as you don't get lost."
"I've got money at home." I frowned, remembering I'd left all of my savings there.
"Oh, we don't use muggle money here, we use galleons." McGonagall returned, leading us to a giant, white-stone building titled Gringots in silver letters.
"What's a muggle?" I frowned.
"Non-magic folk." The woman smiled, myself nodding understandingly. As I wandered down the street, I passed a group of three boys which looked my age, my eyes meeting one of them. His eyes were bright blue and had a hint of mischief hidden in them. A smile made its way onto his face, myself copying as his group wandered away, my eyes finally breaking away and onto the large building towering above me.
"Now, I will warn you, this bank is run by goblins." McGonagal told me, my face forming into a frown. Wizards and witches I can somewhat believe, but goblins?

As we wandered in, I was surprised to see goblins were small and quite miserable! We walked towards a one sat at the very top and centre of the back, he sat writing something down before looking up at us.
"McGonagall." the goblin nodded, before looking down to the two of us, "her name?"
As the two began to talk, I began to look around at my surroundings, each goblin working hard on whatever was in front of them.

I quickly turned back to McGonagall and the goblin who led us around the back. We entered a large, dim room, with only a cart and some torches really visible. Anxiety suddenly hit me as I realised we were climbing into the rickety cart. Nevertheless, we climbed in with the goblin, myself sitting close by McGonagall for comfort. The cart soon began to move, as quick as it possibly could. It was like a rollercoaster! I held onto the bar in front of me for dear life, scared of letting go as it travelled up and down, side to side at lightning speed! However, we did arrive quickly to a large vault, everyone climbing out of the vehicle. The goblin opened the vault to reveal coins piled as high as you could imagine, my eyes lighting up.
"This is what Professor Dumbledore has loaned you." McGonagal smiled, resting her hand on my shoulder.
"He did..." I breathed, barely able to speak, looking upon the mountain of gold. I took a small bag full, leaving the rest for other years and times before riding (and almost throwing up) to the entrance once more.

"This is crazy!" I beamed, before noticing a shop with books in it that we would need. McGonagall nodded for me to go off and explore, before informing me to meet her at the entrance in two hours. I, myself, loved books so I knew which shop I had to go into first. With this, I rushed in to be met with a maze of shelving. All I needed was the eight books listed in the letter which were pretty easy to find. As I looked, my eyes caught onto a book titled Hogwarts, A History.
"May as well buy it, I should probably know more about the school!" I thought to myself, taking that book, too. It didn't take long to pay, the witch working there smiling brightly as I did so.

The shop next door was the robes shop, myself knowing I may as well go there next. However, when I got to the entrance, my cheeks glowed red as I saw the boy and his friends, who I had passed before stood in the shop getting measured. Nervously looking around, I decided I may as well go in before turning around, immediately locking eyes with him.

"We'll be back in a second." One of his friends, who was the tallest of them, told him. With this, the two other boys practically ran past me, giggling at themselves. I frowned, but shrugged it off, stepping besides the boy on a stand like I was instructed. As I began to get measured and fitted, he turned to look at me.
"So," he smiled, "you're going to Hogwarts, huh?"
"Yeah." I smiled, a slight blush spread across my face, "it's crazy!"
"Have you gotten your wand from Olivanders yet?" The boy frowned, myself happy I now knew where to get it from.
"Not yet." I smiled, the boy nodding.
"Me neither."
"All finished!" The wizard sorting out the boy's robe spoke, to which he stepped from the box and gave some galleons to the man.
"I guess I'll see you around." The boy smiled before walking out of the shop and I found myself grinning as he did so.