Meeting New People

After getting my cloak fitted, I rushed out of the shop, but couldn't see the boy anywhere. Giving up, I decided to wander around the street some more as I needed a lot more stuff.

I next visited the cauldron shop, picking out the black one as requested and finally having a place to hold my books. I decided to next go to the shop opposite this one, Ollivanders. The shop itself was quite dim and old-fashioned, but it appeared the owner also was.
"Ah." He smiled, popping his head around a shelf, "Maiya Swan! What a pleasure! One moment!"
With this, he disappeared once more, leaving me confused, how did he know my name? The man quickly reappeared with a long, rectangular box in his hand.
"I believe I have the perfect wand for you. Try it." Olivander hummed, before turning to me and handing me the box from his hand. I opened it to find a long wooden stick, its handle decorated in sculpted circles. Cautiously, I took a hold of the wand and gave it a wave as I was instructed. As I did so a shelf of wands in front of me came flying down almost knocking both me and Ollivander over!
"Maybe not." The man smiled, not even acknowledging the mess if just caused.
"Perhaps this one." He smiled, handing me a different box. Even more cautiously, I took out the dark wooded wand decorated in some sort of mossy green swirls around the handle, giving the idea of vines.
A glow radiating around the room as it was picked up to which the man smiled at me.
"That's the one!"
I was in awe, the wand had quite literally chosen me!

With this, I made my way down the cobblestone road once more, in a trance as my thoughts drifted back to that shop. Suddenly, I was pulled from my thoughts as my cauldron crashed to the floor, as well as the person's in front, who I had bumped into. Luckily our things hadn't spilled out too much, so I could tell who's was what. After putting all of my belongings back in my cauldron, I looked up to meet the eyes of a boy around my age. His eyes were ocean blue and his hair was a light blonde which fell just above his shoulders.
"I'm sorry." He quickly spoke, giving me his hand to help myself up.
"I am too, I should have been looking where I was going!" I sighed, fixing the cauldron on my arm.
"Well, it's easy to get distracted in Diagonal Alley." He laughed, before sticking out his hand once more, "I'm Billy. First year."
"Maiya." I smiled, shaking his hand, "me too!"
"Good to know." He smiled, sweetly, before turning to someone calling his name. I did too, smiling as the girl came closer.
"Liv!" Billy smiled, hugging the girl who gladly accepted.
"This is Maiya, she's a first year too!" Billy explained the girl turning to me, "this is my twin sister, Olivia."
"Oh that's great!" She grinned, before turning to the shop besides us, "Bill, we need to get our pets."
"Mind if I join you?" I smiled, "I have no clue what I'm doing!"
"Course." Billy smiled, leading us into the shop.

I followed the two into the shop, laughing as Olivia awed at each animal she met. Finally, her eyes landed on a small grey owl, causing her to gasp and rush over to it.
"That one?" I asked, her nodding excitedly. I laughed until I glanced at an owl that I myself loved. It was a brown and white aegolius owl. It's bright, adorable, yellow eyes met mine and I immediately fell in love.
"This one!" I smiled. Olivia, Billy and I now each stood holding our very own pets.
"I'm going to call mine... Tiffany!" She exclaimed.
I laughed, "nice name! I'm going to call mine... Jackson!"
"Weird name." She laughed, myself nodding and laughing. Still, I liked it!

After getting everything else I needed and saying goodbye to Billy and Olivia, I made my way to the doorway where McGonagall was waiting for me. She explained that I would get the Hogwarts Express on September 1st at King's Cross Station before giving me my ticket. Glancing at the golden paper, I noticed something strange.
"The platforms are whole numbers, there's no such thing as platform 9 and 3/4." I frowned, to which the woman smiled.
"Find the third stone pillar between 9 and 10 and run through it." She explained which left me even more confused.
"Run through it?!"
"Of course!" The woman nodded, "come on, let's get you home!"