The Troll

Taking a glance towards one another, Hermione and I each darted towards a stall, locking them instantly. I realised soon that there was no point in doing that since the wooden shield around me collapsed with one swing of the troll's large, wooden bat it was carrying. I fell to the floor with the hit, chunks of wood crashing down on top of me, though it somewhat hid me from the monster.
"Maiya!" I heard a familiar voice scream, I looked up from the wreckage to see a terrified Draco stood in the doorway, wand ready in his shaking hand. The thumping of footsteps soon called as Harry and Ron emerged from the corridor, each stood either side of Draco. Glancing up towards the troll, I noticed it's bat lifted in the air ready, it's eyes pinned to me and I knew if I didn't move, I'd end up as smashed up as the wood around me. Hidden under the wood, I crawled through the planks as the bat landed behind me with a large thud. I heard Draco scream my name once more, realising from his angle it would be hard to tell if I had been hit. I was now behind what was left of the stall, two toilets away from mine which was stood just enough for me to hide behind.

I peaked over the wood to see that Draco's scream had stopped the troll in its tracks, the monster slowly turning to look upon the group of boys. I watched as Harry and Ron began throwing pieces of wood towards the troll, Ron keeping an eye on Hermione who was still cowering in the broken stall besides mine.
"Hermione, move!" Harry shouted to the girl, grabbing the bat in the troll's hand. Within a second, Harry was launched into the air, the boy still clinging to the wood, which eventually landed him onto the troll's back. I could tell from the forceful grunt the being released and the widening of its beady eyes that the troll didn't like Harry there. He began tossing Harry everywhere, the boy being thrown this way and that and I watched, amazed that he was still holding on. What I soon realised was that Harry's wand was still in his hand which was thrown over the shoulder of the troll. In order to get him off, the troll finally launched him back which only resulted in the wand being lodged up the troll's nose.

I knew that this was distracting the troll which allowed me to crawl further through the broken planks of wood to Hermione. Draco, on the other hand, still had no idea that I was there, he still believed I had been crushed by the troll's bat. He broke from his frozen state to rush over to the planks of wood where I had been and began tossing them aside in search for me. By this point, the troll had a hold of Harry by his leg and was attempting to hit him with his bat. Harry kept swerving and dodging this thankfully but we knew we had to help him in some way. I looked towards Ron who was stood panicked, wand by his side. His eyes met mine to which I pointed towards his wand.
"Swish and flick!" I mouthed, realising I couldn't use mine as it had fallen from my pocket when the troll smashed down the toilet. Ron nodded and began to take stance to perform the spell. This gave me the chance to get to Hermione and pull her out from a piece of wood I hadn't realised she was trapped under. The shaking girl stood to her feet, clinging to my hand. We watched from the corner as Ron performed the spell perfectly, which lifted the bat from the Troll's hand to above its head. With one swish of his wand, Ron then dropped this onto the troll's head and knocked it out instantly. Harry dropped to the floor with a thud as Ron rushed over to Hermione.

Glancing towards the troll, it was clear it was out cold which made me smile a little. Suddenly, something caught my eye, Draco was still searching for me. I quickly handed Hermione's arm, which I had been helping her to stand with, to Ron before rushing over to Draco's side. I tapped the boy on the shoulder but he simply shoved my hand away.
"No!" He snapped, making me stand back slightly in shock, "I need to find her!"
I smirked slightly as I realised he cared about me and let out a small chuckle.
"Draco," I smiled, "I'm fine."
Stopping in his tracks, the boy slowly turned towards me, eyes lighting up when they met mine. He jumped to his feet and wrapped his arms around me, embracing me like he never had before. I felt as if no one was here and it was just us two alone, with Draco's arms wrapped right around me with the hopes he'd never let go.

A sudden sound of running broke our moment as I turned to see McGonagall, Quirrell and Snape stood in the doorway, a look of horror on each face as their eyes landed upon the monster laying unconscious on the floor.
"Explain yourselves!" McGonagall snapped to Harry, Ron and Hermione before noticing myself and Draco stood also, "all of you!"
"It's my fault, Professor." Hermione quickly spoke, stopping me from telling the woman the truth, "I went looking for the troll. I thought I could handle it, but I was wrong. If Harry and Ron hadn't have found me, I'd probably be dead."
I looked to Draco who was fuming that she hadn't told the professor we had helped too. My head fell in defeat as I realised I now had to make up an excuse as to why I was here. That's when my eyes caught onto something, Snape's leg. The man had a large cut running down his leg. It seemed bloody which told me it was recent, as did the fact that his trousers were cut where it was. His eyes caught onto mine to which he gave me a cold glare and concealed it with his cloak.
"5 points to each of you." I heard McGonagall tell Ron and Harry which annoyed me further since I was the main one who had helped Hermione, all they did was anger the troll further and almost get all of us killed. Nevertheless, the witch turned to Draco and I, a stern look on her face.
"And what were you two doing here?" She asked, eyebrows raised in suspicion. Glaring towards Hermione, I began to speak to which she simply put her head down.
"I needed the toilet and when I came out of the stall, the troll was there." I lied, "Draco realised I was still at the toilet when the hall found out and came here to warn me. He saved me from the troll."
"Well, that was rather brave, Draco. Though I would prefer in future that you tell a professor of a missing student and don't actively go looking for them yourself, especially in circumstances like this when you know going off alone could have caused you great danger." McGonagall lectured the boy, "nevertheless, I will be awarding you five points to Slytherin."
We gave each other a small smile though I could tell Draco was still annoyed.

McGonagall then sent us back to our common rooms, Draco walking me towards mine.
"You were my first thought when Quirrell told us about the troll." He told me as we climbed the stairs, "I was terrified I'd lost you. Especially when it looked like it had hit you."
"I'm fine, don't worry." I smiled, "thank you for everything. I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't have been there."
"I mean, I didn't do a lot. You helped Hermione out of the wood and you told Ron how to help Harry. You of all people should've gotten the five points." Draco argued, seeming to get frustrated once more.
"What's done is done." I sighed, "at least now I know where her loyalties lie. Let's just forget about it."
"I'll try." Draco muttered before squeezing my hand softly and walking off to his common room and me to mine. I think it's safe to say it was the most eventful Halloween I've ever had.