Arguments

Sitting for lunch, I heard a screech from the windows in front of me.
"Post!" I heard someone shout before a swarm of owls came flying into the hall. I spotted Jackson amongst the crowd of them, the bird making his way towards me. Flying over our table, he dropped an envelope onto my plate and flew away once more. I could tell immediately from the handwriting that it was a letter from my mum. I tore the envelope open and took it out to see a folded piece of paper inside.

Dear Maiya,

I was so relieved to get your letter that you've arrived safely. Good luck with Hogwarts, I'm sure you'll be the best witch in your class. Your dad and I are so proud of you, stay strong and we'll see you at Christmas.

Love, mum x

A tear pricked my eye as I finished my letter. I didn't realise how much I missed them until reading that. Still, I was nowhere near ready to go home yet. Looking around, I saw other students showing off presents their parents had brought them. For example, a first year in Gryffindor got a thing called a rememberable which is a ball filled with silver smoke, it turns red if you forget something. I did feel a slight bit of jealousy since everyone was receiving such amazing gifts and I just got a letter, still I appreciated it nevertheless.

Draco soon came wandering over to my table, placing a newspaper in front of me. I glanced down to see that someone had broken into Gringots Bank. I was shocked as Draco told me it's almost impossible to do so which I could gather after my visit there. As we sat to talk about it, I heard Harry mention the vault behind us. Shushing Draco, I leaned back slightly to listen in on what he was saying. He told Ron that he and Hagrid had went to the vault that was broken into, but Hagrid had taken all that was in it.
"That must mean whoever went there was looking for whatever Hagrid had took." I whispered to Draco, who simply nodded.

Forgetting about the vault for the day, Draco and I made our way to our next class: flying. This was probably the class I was excited for the most, especially since I was hoping to try out for the Quidditch team at some point in Hogwarts. Our professor was Madam Hooch, an incredible Quidditch player and professor. I made my way over to a broom, as instructed, Draco standing opposite me. Our instructions were to stand by the side of our broom, stick out our hand and say "up". Glancing to Draco, his broom immediately flew to his hand, one of the first students to do it.
"Show off." I muttered, which the boy simply giggled at. It took me a few attempts but i managed to eventually do it. We then had to mount the broom, kick off the ground, hover, lean forward slightly and touch back down. Cautiously, I did as instructed, kicking off of the ground to find myself floating. It felt amazing! Draco and I smiled to one another before a shout broke our moment.

I turned to see that first year Gryffindor from the hall with the rememberable taking off, dropping the present from before. As he did so, Draco touched back down before walking over and picking up the rememberable. However, that was the least of my worries as the boy was flying everywhere before getting his cloak caught onto a spike on top of the building. I watched as the fabric slowly tore leaving the boy to fall several feet and eventually breaking his wrist. We all rushed over to him, who gave a small cry of pain. Hooch immediately picked up the boy and said she was taking him to the hospital.
"If I catch anyone flying, you will be punished." Was the witch's final words before taking the Gryffindor boy away.

To my surprise, I turned back to see Draco sniggering with a bunch of other students.
"Did you see his face?" He laughed, turning to me with the rememberable still in his hand, "maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he would have remembered to fall on his fat arse!"
Everyone began to laugh at the boy, however I folded my arms, frowning at him which cause the boy to lower his head when he realised.
"Give it here, Malfoy!" I heard someone shout, I turned to see Harry stood, his hand out for rememberable. Malfoy's face turned sour as he sauntered over to the boy.
"No." Draco spat, "I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find."
With this, the boy mounted his broom once more and took off. My jaw dropped as I feared Madam Hooch would come out any minute.
"Draco, stop!" I called to the boy, finally deciding to mount my broom and join him. A shocked look appeared on his face as I made my way towards him. Harry eventually joined me, to which Draco passed the ball towards me, however due to the wind the ball took off away from us, travelling towards the school. Harry flew off to grab it, however the window it almost hit just happened to be McGonagall's. Draco and I quickly flew down before she could see us too and Harry eventually joined us. Students cheered as he did so, however they were soon silenced when McGonagall came storming out of the door.
"Harry Potter!" The witch boomed, leading to the boy angrily following the witch inside.

I turned to find Draco, a smirk still plastered on his face. I assumed he appreciated the revenge, but I couldn't help but feel bad. The lesson had finished, allowing me to storm off to my common room. I began to see what Olivia meant by Draco, I was somewhat glad I'd seen this side to him. I thought he was a nice person! Olivia soon ran into the room, excitedly telling me that Harry was now the Gryffindor seeker, the youngest student to ever have the position. This news made me feel a bit better as I now knew the boy thankfully wasn't in trouble. Still, my anger with Draco had not disappeared in the slightest.
"What's wrong?" Olivia asked, noticing I was annoyed. With a sigh, I began to tell her the story.
"I hate to say I told you so-" Olivia muttered, before being interrupted with a knock on the door.

Groaning as she did so, Olivia pulled herself from my bed to the door. Billy was stood, leaning against the doorframe.
"You've got a visitor." He told me, Olivia rolling her eyes, "I can tell him to leave if you want."
"No it's fine." I sighed, standing up myself and wandering into the common room. Billy and Olivia stood by the door, making sure to keep an eye on the situation.

Draco was sat on the couch, seeming slightly jumpy when he noticed I was there. Hesitantly, I made my way next to him.
"Care to explain what all that was about?" I snapped, Draco's eyes not shifting from the carpet.
"I just wanted to impress you." The boy muttered, my eyes widening causing him to glance up and instantly putting his head back down.
"By being an arsehole?!" I snapped, "how on earth would that impress me? Maybe I would've been if you had given Neville the ball back, but that? That's done the complete opposite of impressing me!"
"I know, I know! I'm sorry, Maiya," Draco went on, "I don't want you to be mad at me. I won't do anything like that again, I promise."
With a sigh, I nodded my head slightly.
"Fine." I muttered, before feeling a pair of arms wrap around me. Draco's head lay on my shoulder as I rested my head onto it, holding onto the arms that held me.