The Hogwarts Express

The day finally came that I would travel to Hogwarts. I'd spent weeks preparing myself and my parents were surprisingly very supportive and excited for me. They drove me to King's Cross Station, waving me off as I made my way onto Platform 9 as they didn't want others to see me with muggle parents. Wandering along, I took note of what McGonagall had told me and soon found what I assumed was the third pillar. My suspicions were correct when I watched as two girls run through the stone. I found it strange that no one noticed the people disappearing through the wall or the sudden lot of people walking with old, leather trunks and cats and owls and rats in cages. Still, I gathered that if they weren't going to question it, why should I?

Running through the wall, I found myself face to face with a beautiful red and black train, steam pumping from the front and students surrounding it. Walking over, I heaved my trunk and cage into the correct compartments before making my own way onto the train. Due to the traffic, I had gotten here later than anticipated and luckily caught the final call to get on. This left me being the last person to climb on board, the door closing behind me and the train beginning to move as I took my first few steps on the train.

I stumbled through the isle of the moving train, desperate to find a seat in a carriage. Every one I passed I received stares and frowns as if guarding me from their carriages. I began to question if I should simply sit in the toilets or in the aisle itself when suddenly, I came to a carriage containing three familiar boys. One quite small and fairly chubby who was slouched in his seat, eating a chocolate frog; one fairly tall and also quite chubby, practicing a spell by the looks of it; finally there was a boy I'd been praying to see again. His hair was a bright blonde which had been gelled back, his skin pale but glassy, his eyes shining brightly as they met mine. With this, the boy gave a cheeky smirk and tilted his head to let me in the carriage.

"Hello again." The boy grinned, sitting forward to look at me further. He was the boy I'd met in the cloak shop in Diagon Alley.
"Sorry to bother you," I stuttered, shyly, "all the other carriages are full, can I sit in here with you?". The other two boys looked at one other before taking a glance to the blonde boy in the corner, he nodded and I sat opposite the tall boy and next to the small one. The blonde one leaned against the window, looking me up and down.
"This is Crab and Goyle," he smirked gesturing to the two boys sitting near me, "and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. And you are?"
Draco... it suited him. I told him my name, Maiya, he smirked and said "That's a nice name, I've never heard of it before."

Throughout the trip we laughed and got to know each other better. He was an amazing person! So funny and witty with the most intoxicating laugh. The other two boys I wasn't too keen on just yet, they didn't speak much anyways thanks to Draco doing most of the talking. I was so happy that I'd made some-what friends already as this had always been something I was not very good at. However, after only an hour on the train, I felt like I'd known Draco for years. He was a pure blood wizard who's parents were very wealthy and had a high status in the wizarding world (not bad for my first friend).
"So which house do you want to be in?" Draco suddenly asked, to which I frowned softly.
"House?"
"You know, the houses at Hogwarts!" The boy laughed making me realise what he had meant. Thankfully, I wasn't totally oblivious to all things Hogwarts as I had made sure to read Hogwarts: A History before term started. I knew that the four houses were Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I must say, no house stood out to me so I would be happy with any I was given.
"Not me." Draco sighed, "all of my family are Slytherins. That's where I belong. I reckon my father would kill me if I wasn't."
"I mean, it's only a school house." I laughed, all three boys turning to me.
"Trust me." Draco spoke, "it is so much more than that!"

Finally, we arrived at Hogwarts, I assumed Draco wouldn't want to talk to me now, however when we stood to leave the train he took my arm, lightly, pulling me back as Crabbe and Goyle stepped out into the floods of students getting off.
"You can stick with us, if you want" he smiled, his ocean blue eyes not once leaving mine. Oh and I did want to. More than anything. With a small nod from the boy, he lead me off of the train and outside into the cold night. Stood by our door was the largest man I have ever seen. His tiny eyes looked upon us though I could barely tell due to the mass of hair on his head and face taking up most of him. He lit our path with a lantern and gathered us with his booming voice. His name was Rubius Hagrid. Hagrid began to lead us to a giant lake filled with a lot of old, rickety boats. Draco told me these would take us to Hogwarts and it made me wonder how far away this school was!

Nevertheless, I cautiously climbed in though feared I may fall through them due to the creaking of each step I took. Draco followed behind me, both of us clinging to each other's hand to hold ourselves up as we got in. Crabbe and Goyle followed us in which made me realise maybe the boat was sturdy if it could hold the both of them also. Hagrid removed our rope and we began to float off into the darkness. Pretty soon, I noticed some lights glistening in the distance. The silhouette of a large castle came into view and not for the first time this year, I was lost for words.
"It's Hogwarts!" Draco beamed, our eyes not once leaving the magical castle which would soon be our home.