Sneaking Out

I embraced Draco as soon as he stepped back into the castle. I hated to admit just how much I'd missed him but I knew that speech could wait. Thankfully, he'd arrived quite late with everyone else, meaning most students were heading off to bed.
"I need to show you something." I whispered to him as we hugged once more, the boy slowly pulling away.
"Okay," he frowned, "when? In the morning?"
"Now."
"Now?" Draco looked confused, pausing and pulling me to the side of the corridor, "but we need to go to our common rooms."
"Exactly," I smiled, the boy looking even more confused, "it'll be dark and quiet and most professors will be asleep. We won't get caught!"
"Fine." Draco sighed, rolling his eyes and following me to the room.

Arriving there, Draco stood in the doorway and looked inside.
"It's a mirror?" Draco whispered, looking as if he was disappointed.
"It's not just a normal mirror." I returned, quickly pulling the boy into the room and closing the door carefully to prevent us from being caught. Taking his hand, I led him towards the mirror and stood myself in front of it.
"Okay, what do you see?" I asked, the boy glancing towards me.
"I see you." He sighed, until I placed him in front of the mirror.
"Now what do you see?" I grinned, the boy rolling his eyes.
"I see me an-" he paused, eyes widening as he glanced towards me who was stood away from him.
"Well?" I smiled, "what do you see?"
"Nothing." The boy muttered, quickly rushing off and out of the door, leaving me stood alone in the dark room.

With a sigh, I made my way back towards my common room alone. Luckily, no one was awake when I got to there, allowing me to have a little moment before walking off to my dorm. As I reached the door handle, I heard a knock at the common room door. With a groan as I now just wanted to sleep, I walked over and opened it. Draco.
"I'm sorry," the boy whispered, "can we talk?"
"Sure," I muttered, nervous as to what this could be about, "come on in."
"No," Draco spoke, "can we go outside or something?"
Choosing not to question why, I followed the boy out of the common room and quietly walked out of the castle. We made our way to a small stone wall just outside the entrance, to which Draco took a seat first and looked rather nervous.
"I'm sorry I walked out." He began, a frown forming on my face.
"Why did you?"
"It's the mirror..." Draco sighed, "I don't understand what it was but it freaked me out."
"Well," I smiled, "what did you see in it?"
"I saw-" the boy began before glancing behind me. Eyes wide, he took hold of my arm gently and pulled me into some bushes behind us. I was about to ask what he was doing until Harry, Ron and Hermione came running past us. Understandingly, I nodded at the boy before now taking his hand and leading him towards the three.

We followed the group to Hagrid's hut. I pulled the boy around to the side of it, peering in through the small window.
"We know about the Philiosopher's Stone!" The group told the giant, Draco glancing towards me.
"The what?" He frowned, turning back to the group.
"I'll explain later." I told him. Listening in, I caught that there are different enchantments protecting the stone including the three headed dog we'd heard the trio talk of before. The enchantments were set in place by the professors, to which I turned to Draco.
"That means Snape knows how to get past them."
I sighed, the boy giving a small eye roll.
"Or Quirrell." With a sigh, I reluctantly agreed. I shouldn't assume it's one Professor and not the other. Watching further, we witnessed Hagrid hold a large egg-looking thing. That's when I realised it was an egg as a small creature began to hatch from it. 
"It's a dragon!" Draco smiled, causing Hagrid to turn to the window and catch a glimpse of us.
"Run." I whispered, taking hold of Draco's hand and rushing back to the castle.

"We're going to need an excuse why we were watching them." I told the boy as we wandered through the corridors to our common rooms. Turning the corner, a figure stopped us in our tracks. McGonagall. Eyebrows raised she strode towards us, my soul feeling as though it had left it's body.
"Why are you two out of bed?" She snapped, Draco turning to me.
"We overheard Harry, Hermione and Ron saying they were going to Hagrid's hut tonight. We just wanted to see what they were up to, Professor!"
"Very well," McGonagall sighed, "follow me."

With this, the witch led us to the direction of Hagrid's hut in which we bumped into the trio as they were making their way back into the castle.
"Why did you do that?" I muttered as we were walking, hoping the boy didn't say something about trying to "impress" me again.
"They should've told McGonagall you helped them with the troll." The boy smiled, making me smile, too. Despite the fact that what he did was wrong, I still appreciated the gesture. After McGonagall's lecture on how we shouldn't be roaming the castle at night, she removed 50 house points from each of them and gave the five of us a detention.
"Us too?" Draco frowned.
"Yes." McGonagall spoke, turning to him, "despite your intentions, Mr Malfoy, you and Miss Swan were still out of bed. Since you all like going to Hagrid so much, you can follow Mr Filch to his hut where you will start your punishment."
Turning around, I saw the snivelling janitor stood, grinning ear to ear as he called us to come with him.
"I'm so sorry." Draco whispered to me as we began to walk.
"Don't be." I smiled, "I got you out of bed first. If I hadn't have, this wouldn't have happened."

Truth be told, I didn't mind getting detention, it gave me more time with Draco and allowed me to see if I could get any information out of Harry, Ron and Hermione on the Snape situation. That was until I heard Filch talk about how he misses hanging children from their thumbs in the dungeons for detention. Now I was worried.