Detention

Reaching the hut, Hagrid told Filch that he was no longer needed and that he could take over from here. After a grumble about Hagrid spoiling his fun, the man wandered back up to the castle and Hagrid turned to us.
"We're going to be going into the forbidden forest." Hagrid spoke, Draco's mouth falling open.
"We can't go in there!" The boy exclaimed, myself taking hold of the boy's hand reassuringly. Given the rumours of the forest, I didn't want to be going in just as much as he didn't. This was even more so when Hagrid said he would be going one way with Hermione and Ron. Draco, Harry and I would be going alone.
"Without you?" I frowned, Hagrid sensing the fear in my eyes.
"You can take Fang with you." The man grinned, presenting his rather large dog which did slightly put me at ease.

Draco took hold of Fang's lead as Hagrid informed us that we would be looking for unicorn blood or injured unicorns themselves. My eyes lit up at these words as I wondered how many amazing creatures truly did exist. With a deep breath and a reassuring smile from Draco, we made our way into the Forrest and prayed we'd make it back out in one piece.

"Wait until my father hears about this!" Draco spat, Harry rolling his eyes next to him.
"If I didn't know better, Malfoy, I'd say you were scared." The boy teased, the bickering getting on my nerves already.
"Scared, Pottah!" Draco returned, myself letting out a groan.
"Can you two either shut up or try and get along!" I snapped, the two shutting up but that was caused by a loud howling coming from the darkness ahead.
"Did you hear that?" Draco whispered, stopping all of us. Glancing around, both Draco and Harry hadn't moved their eyes from the path ahead where the noise had came from.

Despite all of us panicking, we thought we'd be in trouble if we didn't proceed forward. I wished there had been another path we could take but that was sadly not the case.

Wandering through the Forrest, I realised you could see the moon peeping in behind the clouds casting a gorgeous glimmer throughout the somewhat open space we were in. Focusing on that, I suddenly realised the footsteps of the boys next to me had stopped. Glancing towards them, they were stood, frozen, a look of horror on each face as they watched what was happening in front of them. Worriedly, I turned to look only to see a dark hooded creature devouring a mauled unicorn. A groan of pain besides me caused me to quickly turn to see Harry clutching his scar on his forehead. This panicked me further as I questioned if it could be He Who Must Not Be Named stood before us. Turning back, I realised the creature had stopped. It slowly turned towards us, revealing its blood-dripping fangs and releasing a blood curdling growl. Draco and I let out a deafening scream which only seemed to anger the being further.
"Get Hagrid, now!" I cried to the boy, to which he and Fang bolted off with myself following suit. As I rushed with him, I ended up tripping over a log I didn't see, glancing besides me I saw Harry had done the same. Stumbling to my feet, I shakily took hold of my wand and pointed it towards the creature which seemed to be somewhat floating towards us. I realised I had no clue what spell could save us as the only ones I had learnt this year was wingardium leviosa, alohamora and lumos. A thought crossed my mind that maybe using the wand-lighting charm could blind or at least distraught the creature but that was all I could think of. That's when our saviour appeared. What I thought was a horse at first jumped over my head and scared the creature off. It was only when it landed that I realised it had a horses body and a humans torso upwards. A centaur.

Glancing towards Harry, the boy was still on the floor and obviously still in shock. Without a second, I walked over and held out a hand, helping him to his feet before walking over to the being who had just saved us.
"Thank you." I almost whispered, my voice caught in my throat.
"Of course." The centaur nodded.
"What was that?" I frowned, glancing towards the direction the creature had vanished to.
"A monsterous creature." The centaur snapped, "it is a terrible sin to slay a unicorn. The unicorn blood will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But, since you have slain something so pure you will bear a half life, a cursed life."
"Who would do such a thing?" The boy besides me asked, myself realising the worst.
"Can you think of no one?" The centaur asked, confirming my dreaded suspicions.
"Are you saying that creature was Voldemort?" I exclaimed.
"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" The man asked, myself and Harry glancing towards one another.
"The Philosopher's stone." Harry whispered, myself turning to him, as far as I was aware the boy didn't know I knew about this and I wished to keep it that way.

A barking in the distance broke our conversation to which turning to see Fang, Hagrid, Ron and Hermione running to help us, lead by Draco. The Centaur, who Hagrid apparently knew, then wished us luck and took off, leaving us alone with only silence and our thoughts. Soon enough, Draco ran towards me, wrapping his arms tightly around me just as he did after the Troll attack. I fell into the hug, feeling grateful I'd lived to feel it again.
"I'm so sorry." The boy whimpered into my shoulder, "I thought you were behind me, I didn't notice until I had reached Hagrid. I was just so focused on getting to him to help Harry. I swear if I'd have known I would've turned back! I don't-"
As the boy rambled on, I pulled away and held his shoulders tightly.
"Hey," I smiled, "it's okay. Everything's okay."
Letting out a small cry, the boy fell back into my arms once more which I greatly accepted.

Needless to say, that was our detention over with. McGonagall had warned Draco to go straight to his common room instead of walking me to mine which, after what had just happened, Draco was annoyed about doing. Still, when it was time to go our separate ways, the boy took hold of me and gave me a strong hold once more before going downstairs and myself going up to my common room.