Christmas

Christmas soon came around and I was excited for my very first Hogwarts celebration of the holiday! This was due to me staying this year as my parents thought it would be a lot of hassle to get me there and back for only two weeks at home. Draco, on the other hand, was going home for Christmas so we gave each other our presents the day he was leaving. Sitting in the Hufflepuff common room, I handed the boy the square gift wrapped in green and gold paper with a green bow to hold it in place. I watched as he excitedly tore the present open to see a sudden smile appear. It was a wizard's chess set. I'd heard him say a few weeks ago to Crabbe and Goyle that he wanted to learn how to play so when Billy asked what I wanted to give Draco for Christmas I told him. To this, he told his parents and they delivered one courtesy of their family owl and I gave them the money for it. Still grinning from ear to ear, the boy handed me a small box shaped gift wrapped in golden paper and tied in a neat black bow. I carefully unwrapped it to find a black velvet box. Smiling, I opened it up to find a beautiful, silver necklace. It was a long chain with a charm hanging off of it: a triangle with a diamond in the middle of it and I couldn't help but feel it looked quite expensive! Without a second, I hugged the boy tightly to which he gratefully accepted before sadly leaving to pack the last of his things and be on his way. Hugging him one last time as he left, his final words to me were to "stay out of trouble". I did quite the opposite.

Obsessed with the Snape situation, I followed and listened in to Harry and Ron's conversations whenever I could. I noticed Hermione leaving to go home as she sat talking to the two on the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. I made sure I was sat on their side of my table, just next to them to hear what I could. I picked up the girl talking about researching into someone called Nicholas Flammel. She had told them to go into the Restricted Section, however I knew they would be caught if they did. This left me two weeks with no classes, no Millie, no Billy, no Olivia and no Draco which meant a lot of research could be done.

I searched high and low in the library all day everyday and eventually stumbled across a book on magical elements. In this book, I found a section which talked of something called the Philosopher's Stone which just so happened to have been founded by Nicholas Flammel. The book stated:

The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It can turn any metal into pure gold and produces the mixture of life which will make the drinker immortal. The only stone currently in existence belongs to Nicholas Flammel.

"This is it." I thought to myself, "this is what Snape is after."

After writing down the passage on a piece of old parchment paper, I made my way back to my common room. With Olivia and two other girls (by the names of Alba and Isla) at home, it was only myself and a girl called Kayden. The girl was a little taller than me with black hair braided into dreadlocks. Her eyes were a deep brown and her cheeks were always a rosy pink. We'd only briefly spoken to one another due to her being quite timid, however I decided I may as well get to know her better since it was just us two in the dorm for the next week and a half.

The next morning just happened to be Christmas Day. I woke up and glanced at the girl in the bed opposite my own. She gave a small smile as she noticed I'd gotten up to which I gave a large grin and wished her a merry Christmas. It seemed she appreciated it so I made it my mission to try and coax her out of her shell a little. This meant me sitting besides her for breakfast, dinner and lunch (as I noticed she was sat on her own) as well as sharing some chocolates Billy and Olivia had left me for Christmas. She began to talk more with this offer which ended the night with us sat in her bed eating and talking about each other.
"Thank you." She smiled when the night came to an end, "it's nice to know I've got you to count on now."
"Of course." I nodded before closing the curtains and going to sleep.

A couple of days before Draco was due to come back, I decided to get out of bed and see if I could find any more information about Nicholas Flammel, the Philosopher's Stone or the door on the third floor. Wandering quietly through the castle, petrified of running into Filch (our creepy caretaker) or Snape, I happened to find something a lot more interesting. I found Harry talking to a mirror. It was in a small room I'd never noticed before. All that was in there was this mirror and Harry seemed to be deep in conversation with it. Intrigued, I hid behind a wall until he was finished before making my way inside. Standing face to face with the large object, useless texts written around it, I looked into it and jumped back at what appeared. It was Draco. I looked to my side but he wasn't there. Turning back, I noticed the boy had his hand around my waist as well as him kissing my cheek. Cheeks red with embarrassment, I rushed out of the room but knew I should show Draco when he came back.