The Dark Lord

Walking into a fire-lit room held by stone pillars and marble walls, Harry told me to hide behind a pillar until he needed my help. A little offended, I made my way over but caught a glimpse at the man trying to steal the stone. Quirrell. I knew once this was over, the first thing Draco would say is "I told you so." Harry gave me a glance, clearly shocked that it was the Professor, but I simply nodded for him to go.

"No." I heard Harry speak, "it can't be. Snape-"
"Yes." The Professor interrupted, "he does seem the type, doesn't he? But besides him, who would expect p-poor, s-s-stuttering Professor Quirrell?"
"But that day, at the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me-"
"No, dear boy," the man cut off Harry once more, "I tried to kill you! And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't have caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded! Even with Snape muttering his little counter curse."
My eyes widened as I realised Draco had been right this whole time and I was stupid enough to listen to Harry over him!

The Professor went on to say he had let the troll in which angered me further. We could have died thanks to him! The temptation to go out there and fire what spells I could was building but I knew Harry wanted me to stay here for now.
"But I'm never alone." The man spoke in a sinister, chilling tone which filled me with dread. Was he talking about The Dark Lord? The man quickly snapped out of it, speaking in his tone once more, yet still with no stutter. He said he saw himself in the mirror (which had apparently been moved) holding the Philosopher's Stone. As if from thin air, I heard a whispering, echoey voice.
"Use the boy." It spoke, to which Quirrell took hold of Harry and threw him in front of the mirror.
"What do you see?" The Professor snapped, myself panicking as I didn't know if I should help or not.
"I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore," Harry lied, "I've won the house cup."
"He lies." The voice spoke once more, sending a shiver down my spine, "let me speak with him."
For a second, my breathing stopped as I grew more anxious. Peaking around the pillar, I watched as Quirrell slowly began to unwrap his turban which revealed a face in the back of Quirrell's head. I knew that had to be Voldemort. The face began to move and look around, that's when it glanced towards the stairs, his eyes locking with mine.
"The stairs!" The wizard shouted, Quirrell turning to look at me, "kill the girl!"

With this, Quirrell darted towards me which I panicked at before jumping down the stairs as Quirrell reached the top. Harry and I looked to one another, unsure of what to do. Just then, Quirrell stopped in his tracks as ordered.
"Wait," the voice had spoke, "make her look in the mirror, what does she see?"
With a nod from Harry, I quickly moved in front of the mirror as Quirrell made his way besides me once more. I was surprised to see that this time I didn't see Draco and I, I saw myself holding the stone and placing it in my pocket. I moved my fingers towards the same pocket and surely enough, it was there.
"Her pocket!" Voldemort ordered, to which I dashed off, still with the stone. I tried to run but with one snap of Quirrell's fingers, the room was engulfed in bright flames which made me come to a sharp stop. Turning around, I saw Quirrell stood at the bottom of the stairs, Voldemort visible in the mirror behind him. Panting and panicking, I found myself pulling out the stone, a smirk forming on Quirrell's face. Looking around, I had an idea, holding the stone over a flame.
"Leave me alone or I'll throw it!" I shouted, Quirrell stepping back slightly.
"I see what you desire, Miss Swan," Voldemort spoke once more, "Malfoy? You seem very fond of him. If you just give us that stone, we'll see to it he's alive when you get back."
"Shut up!" I cried, my cheeks red with anger. I had forgotten the state I'd left him in and now feared if he would still be alive when I returned. Glancing to Harry, the boy gave me a secure nod which gave me the approval of my plan. With a shaky breath, I raised the stone and tossed it into one of the flames, a roar coming from the engulfed element.
"Kill them!" Voldemort ordered, to which I tried to run but had no where to go. Quirrell rushed towards me and wrapped his hand around my throat, pushing me to the stone floor. Choking and spluttering, I glanced to my side to see Harry running over to help me. As he grabbed Quirrell's arm, it started to turn to stone and crumble away. Panicked, the man let go of me, crawling back as he looked to the place his arm once was. With a quick glance to Harry, I pulled myself up and grabbed the man's chest, pushing him to the floor as it began to crumble away. Harry kneeled by my side, took hold of my hand and pushed both of our hands to his face, watching it collapse.

Helping me to my feet, Harry and I looked around, realising we need to work out how to get past the fire. Behind us I heard a small laugh, Harry and I began to turn to see the ghost-like figure forming before us. Without a second to react, the being flew through us, feeling as though he had just sucked the life from us, stabbing us with dozens of knives through our stomach. This left myself and Harry to both collapse to the floor. My vision began to fade as I slowly fell.