Classes

The next morning arrived and I eagerly woke up and rushed to get ready, excited to see Draco once more. Not only that, but I hoped I could bump into Millie. Olivia and I met with Billy in the common room before making our way down to breakfast. As we did, I told them about our windows to which the two smiled.
"That's going to come in useful." Olivia winked as we walked down the stairs to the Great Hall.
"Speaking of people we like." I smiled, looking towards Billy, "what's this I hear about Millie?"
"Oh she's-" Billy stuttered, myself and Olivia laughing.
"She's her best friend." Olivia told the boy who stopped in his tracks.
"Seriously?" Billy frowned, myself nodding with a wide grin plastered on my face, "that's great!"
"Means I can put in a good word for you." I smirked, before feeling a tap on my shoulder.

I turned to see Draco stood behind me, to which Olivia and Billy gave me a knowing look before speeding up slightly to give us some "alone time".
I noticed Crabbe and Goyle had done something similar as they stood a few steps behind us, giggling and whispering about something.
"You still okay to meet up after breakfast?" The boy asked, looking at me with his ocean blue eyes.
"Of course!" I nodded, "what did you want to talk about?"
"Oh it's nothing like that!" Draco smiled, "I just wanted to walk to class together. I checked and we have all of the same classes."
"Good to know." I grinned, before making my way to the Hufflepuff table and him to the Slytherins.

As I sat down, I heard a call from a very familiar voice. I turned to see Millie rushing over to me and noticed Billy's cheeks instantly turn a bright scarlet red. The girl pulled me into a long hug which I had missed so much.
"I'm so happy you're here!" I exclaimed, "you can't imagine how heart broken I was that we wouldn't do secondary together!"
"Well, now we are." Millie grinned, "I'm even more excited about Hogwarts knowing that you're here with me."

Millie had returned to her table and breakfast went by like a blur. I, as promised, met Draco by the doors once again and we made our way to our very first class: transfiguration. We placed ourselves in the second row and sat besides one another. Billy was also in the class, the boy sitting himself behind me and next to some Gryffindor girl (sadly, that girl not being Millie). McGongall had sat herself on her desk, she was in her cat form which I presumed was to trick some students that she wasn't there in order to keep an eye on us better. Nevertheless, Draco and I knew and simply began writing the notes we were instructed to write on the board.
"We have potions next with Snape." Draco whispered to me, smiling, "he's the head of the Slytherin house."
I was well aware of who Snape was, I'd seen him in the great hall. I found him quite scary, he reminded me somewhat of a vampire. Furthermore, Olivia had told me that he's wanted to be the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher for years but he'd never gotten the job. Apparently, that's why he hated the current professor of the subject, Professor Quirrell.

As we sat writing, the classroom doors suddenly burst open to reveal a sweaty pair of boys jogging into the classroom.
"We made it." Ron Weasley gasped, making Draco roll his eyes and continue with his work, "could you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late."
Both Draco and I stopped in our tracks, turning to one another with a grin on our faces as the boy had spoken. He was clearly oblivious to McGonagall's cat form. As if on cue, the Professor leapt from the desk, returning to her human form as she did so. Draco and I turned to see a stunned and now panicked Ron and Harry. As the witch scolded the two, I couldn't help but feel slightly bad for the boys. I know if I hadn't have had Draco, I certainly would've gotten lost, too!

After that class, I nervously made my way with Draco and Billy to Snape's class. Luckily, Billy seemed to be just as scared as I was of the Professor. Entering his classroom, I realised I had every right to be. The room was just as dark as he was, there wasn't an open window in sight, the room was simply lit by a couple of candles or lanterns as well as the glow of a few potions here or there. With a large slam of the door, which caused both Billy and I to jump, Snape came striding into the classroom. His long, black cloak hid most of his body, giving the illusion of the man gliding which only filled me with more nerves. Draco giggled at me as he realised how terrified I actually was, the boy not seeming scared in the slightest. After just ten minutes in the class, I realised why. Draco was clearly one of Snape's favourites as he began a lecture on how only a "select few" students are actually interested in potions and how he is actually willing to teach those. This lecture gave me the realisation that I wanted to be one of Snape's select few and that potions seemed to genuinely be interesting.

As the class continued, I noticed the Professor seemed to also have a strong disliking to Harry. I glanced at the boy to see he was writing something down instead of listening to Snape. This took the Professor on a rant which stated that "fame isn't everything" which left Draco sniggering besides me though still left me confused.
"I don't understand," I whispered to Draco, who glanced to me before returning to his work as I was doing, "how is Harry famous?"
The boy stopped in his tracks before slowly turning towards me, a frown on his face. Glancing to Snape, he saw the man was distracted by a different student to notice us talking and turned back to me.
"How do you not know this?" Draco laughed, "Harry's parents were killed by Voldemort. Surely you know who that is."
Of course I knew who Voldemort was! He was the darkest wizard of the age who was known for rising to power and carrying out a mass murder of muggle borns, creating followers as he did so.
"We'll," Draco continued, "he also tried to kill Harry that night, he was only a baby. When he tried, something went wrong and he's never been seen since. It's how Harry has that lightning shaped scar on his forehead! People know him as the boy who lived."
"That's awful." I frowned, glancing back at the bow who was continuing to write as normal before I returned back to Draco, "I feel a bit bad for having a go at him now."
"Yeah." The boy muttered, returning to his work once more. I also felt bad for him for the way Snape spoke to him, however I also realised that he was focusing on a student's hard work and that alone. This left me even more motivated. I worked hard in the class, desperate to prove I was just as good as Draco or any other Slytherin. Sooner or later, Draco noticed how much I was working when my quill was writing so quick it almost tore the paper in half. By the end of the lesson, Snape had wandered over to our table to tell Draco and I that he expects this behaviour for every future lesson which I had hoped was his way of saying he was impressed.