Quidditch

Rushing to the Hufflepuff stalls, Billy, Olivia and I wanted to get the best seats to watch our first quidditch match! The match was Gryffindor vs Slytherin which meant we got to see just how good Harry was as a seeker. Looking down towards the pitch, as we thankfully got front row seats, I saw the fear in Potter's eyes making me nervous to just watch him.

As we had made our way here, I'd never seen Draco more excited. It made me really want Slytherin to win to cheer him up after what had happened with the troll. He had never been the same since that incident. Walking through the halls, we happened to overhear Harry talking with Hermione. He said that Snape wants what was stolen from the Hogwarts safe which was apparently, as Harry said, guarded by a three headed dog.
"There's no way that's true." Draco laughed.
"You never know." I muttered, "we could go and check it out."
"Are you insane?" Draco snapped, stopping us in the middle of the corridor with a firm hand grasping my arm.
"If we can knock out a troll I'm sure we can knock out a three headed dog!" I argued, Draco shaking his head.
"We don't even know where it is!"
"Think," I smirked, "where, in the castle, would they put a dangerous vault that students wouldn't just stumble across?"
"The third floor is forbidden..." Draco frowned, his eyes sealed to the ground as he thought.
"Exactly!" I nodded, "and the fact that Snape had a fresh cut yesterday tells us something attacked him and we know it wasn't the troll!"
"True." Draco muttered, "but Snape wouldn't do that?"
"Wouldn't he?" I frowned, Draco now falling silent.

Nevertheless, I settled that to the back of my mind as I readied myself for the quidditch match. I was sat at by the edge of the stand, Olivia besides me and Billy besides her. We were sat at the very front, luckily, with Slytherin's stand besides mine. I turned to see Draco sat at the very front, also, on the edge I was so that we could look and shout to one another. As the match started, I glanced at the cheering boy, never seeing him so excited and happy before.

As the match went on, Harry was doing well but he was still quite timid and held back. That was until something happened and his broom began to go crazy! The boy was flying this way and that, holding on desperately, trying not to fall off. I glanced around the stands, looking for someone to help him. That's when I saw him. Snape was sat in the professor's box next to the Slytherin stand and his lips were moving. I could tell he wasn't talking to the other professors and his eyes were fixed onto Harry's broom which is a necessity for jinxing something. This meant he was either causing Harry's broom to do this or trying to stop it and as awful as this sounds, I knew the first option was the most likely. I realised now that what Harry said earlier was serious and I didn't trust them to act alone, Draco and I needed to get on top of this, fast! Glancing back to the Professor, I jumped back in alarm to see his cloak was suddenly on fire. As the man rose into the air, the spell was suddenly broken which only fuelled my beliefs more. The game continued as normal, Harry chasing after the golden snitch though it seemed unlikely he'd win. Eventually, he carefully stood to his feet, balancing on the broom which lay a few feet above the ground. Leaning closer to grab it, Olivia and I held onto one another, terrified of what could happen to him. Inevitably, the boy tumbled over and fell onto the sandy floor. Silence had filled the stadium as he thankfully sat up. To our surprise, he coughed up the golden snitch which he had apparently caught in his mouth when he had fell. This lead Gryffindor to victory, much to Draco's disappointment.

Catching up to Draco after the match, I pulled him to the courtyard where we could sit quietly and discuss what had happened.
"I hate to admit it but I was worried he was going to come flying off of that broom." Draco sighed, glancing at Potter who was walking past us with the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team.
"Well, I think I know who caused it." I told him, his head snapping back to me with a curious look on his face, "Snape."
"Please don't start this again." The boy huffed, rolling his eyes.
"Didn't you see him?" I snapped, "he was mouthing something!"
"So was Quirrell!" Draco argued, making me stop.
"He was?"
"Yes!" Draco cried, "his eyes never left Harry's broom! The spell stopped when Snape knocked him off of his seat when his cloak was set on fire!"
"Or Quirrell was trying to help Harry!" I returned, Draco letting out a deep groan, "the spell stopped when Snape stood up!"
"And knocked Quirrell over!" Draco shouted, standing to his feet in anger.
"Fine!" I snapped, standing up also, "let's settle this then. Let's try and work out this door on the third floor before Harry, Ron and Hermione do!"
"It's dangerous, Maiya." Draco sighed, shaking his head.
"I know, but I trust us to work it out better than those three." I smirked, the stern look on Draco's face disappearing.
"Very true." He smiled, before taking my hand and leading me inside to get dinner.