Wingardium Leviosa

The next few weeks went well and eventually Halloween came around. I was curious to see how the wizarding world celebrated the holiday. Sitting in Flitwick's class, I was filled with excitement as he began to teach us the spells to make objects levitate.

My only issue with this class was that I was sat next to a Gryffindor by the name of Hermione Granger. She was somewhat friends with Harry and was one of the most insufferable people I've ever met. She was constantly correcting and belittling others with the most patronising voice I've ever had to suffer through. Still, Draco was sat across the classroom from me, occasionally smiling at me which comforted me throughout class. The person sat behind me, sadly was Ron who was just as annoying as Hermione. He was constantly getting things wrong, asking stupid questions and his breathing is was loud! In fact, the only times I sort of liked Hermione was when she was telling off Ron for doing something wrong and this class was no different.

I heard a huff behind me as Ron struggled, once again with the spell.
"You're going 'flick then swish', it's 'swish then flick'." I told the boy, only to receive an eye roll.
"And it's leviosa, not leviosa." Hermione continued, this time Ron returning with a groan.
"You two do it then if you're so cleaver! Go on!" He heaved, before turning to me, "I'm sure your boyfriend will be very impressed if you can pull it off!"
Draco's eyes head shots up from his paper with this remark, giving Ron a harsh glare. His eyes then moved to mine, a small smirk taking a hold of the scowl that had been there. My cheeks burned red as he was now also watching me attempt the spell. With a quick glance to Hermione, we lifted our wands and performed the spell.
"Wingardium leviosa." We spoke in unison, both feathers beginning to float into the air, guided by our wands. Taking a quick glance to Draco, a proud smile was plastered onto his face. I heard clapping coming from the side of me, myself and Hermione turning to see Professor Flitwick beaming with pride.
"Look, everyone!" He called, "Miss Grainger and Miss Swan have done it! Ten points to both of your houses!"
I turned around to see Ron rolling his eyes once more, causing Draco to shoot him a deadly look.

With this, Draco and I began to pack up our things to get ready to go and meet Billy, Olivia and Millie since lessons had finished for the day. Walking through the courtyard, I couldn't help but overhear the snotty voice of Ron Weasley ahead of us. I looked up to see him walking with Harry and a couple of other Gryffindors, all giggling at Ron.
"Its leviosa not leviosa." He mocked, clearly talking about Hermione, "she's a nightmare, honestly! No wonder she hasn't got any friends!"
Draco and I shot a look towards one another in shock, myself then catching a glimpse at someone storming past us and the group in front. I heard some sniffles as she did so and noticed her eyes seemed quite red and puffy.
"I'm going to go see if she's okay." I muttered to Draco, the boy nodding before going to see the others as I told him I'd meet him there. I watched as the boy shoved through Harry and Ron, glaring at Ron as he did so.

I rushed through the school halls, desperate to find Hermione, but bumped into Snape as I did so.
"And where would you be off to in such a rush, Miss Swan?" The man asked, sternly, "I could swear your classes are over."
"They are, Professor," I muttered, "I just really need the toilet."
The man raised his eyebrow and I sensed he didn't believe me but I didn't really care. Snape wasn't my main priority right now.
"Then I'll leave you to it." The man spoke, "so long as that's all you're up to?"
"Of course, Professor." I returned, before rushing off once more to find the girl.

The one bad thing about Hogwarts being so big was that there were a lot of different places Hermione could be in, but eventually I actually found her in the toilets. Slowly opening the door, I heard some sniffles coming from a bathroom door, which I could tell were hers.
"Hermione?" I spoke, softly, the sniffles suddenly coming to a stop.
"Go away." She muttered.
"I'm not leaving until I know you're okay." I spoke firmly, sitting myself down by the sinks, resting my back on the cold marble. I sat there the whole afternoon, hearing soft, shaky breaths or little sobs every now and then which resulted in me talking a little to her to pass the time. Most of this included me telling her how awful Ron is and that he knows nothing. Draco had been excited all day for the Halloween feast tonight which I presumed I was missing, however I didn't really care as I couldn't just leave her alone.

Eventually, after around three hours of me sat slowly falling asleep on the floor, I heard a stall door click which immediately woke me back up. I sat up, looking at the girl who had just emerged from the stall, her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were stained with tears. I turned to her, giving a sympathetic look and asked if she was okay. She didn't answer. I looked up properly to see a look of horror plastered on her face as she slowly crept backwards, her eyes not moving from the space behind me and I dreaded to turn around and see what was there.
"Move slowly over here." She whispered, which only scared me further. Slowly, I picked myself up from the floor and turned my head. I almost collapsed at the sight behind me, a chill travelling down my spine. Without thought, I stumbled towards Hermione, my legs quivering with fear. There, behind me, stood a giant, slobbering troll!