Chapter 22

"Taehyung? Who's that?"

Taehyung froze.

Jeongguk asked with a curious tone, pointing at the small picture on the wall.

He had one arm wrapped around the older, who seemed to have lost words. Silence fell over the dark room, only sound coming from the clock which was ticking, the silence getting more awkward with every tick.

Jeongguk's expression twisted in confusion and he turned his head towards Taehyung, who looked at the picture with furrowed eyebrows.

He looked angry for some reason. His mouth curled down and he grit his teeth, fangs showing up on display.

Alright, now something was not okay. Taehyung didn't look happy at all, and it concerned Jeongguk. Maybe he shouldn't have pointed out the picture.

"Nobody Jeongguk." He growled dangerously low but his eyes never left the picture. Jeongguk shivered visibly, feeling Taehyung's hands squeeze his butt painfully, making him wince.

"P-please, put me down." He whispered, afraid of the demon. He looked so scary, like he was about to kill someone.

But looks like Taehyung didn't hear that, he was too focused on the picture, mumbling something under his breath. Jeongguk kept on waiting for Taehyung to answer somehow, yet all he got was an angry huff.

"Are they...Your relatives?" Jeongguk asked with shaky voice, unsure if he should question this. Taehyung has already looked angry enough, and he felt like he's pushing the limits.

Taehyung groaned and looked at Jeongguk, staring right into those big curious eyes. He sighed after he saw that face and let go of Jeongguk, making him land onto the carpeted floor with a loud thump.

Jeongguk was shocked by this, wincing in pain. Now he knew that Taehyung really didn't want to talk about this, yet he was so curious as to who is in the picture.

He looked down ashamed, thinking as a pout formed on his face.

"It's me." Jeongguk quickly looked up at Taehyung with big eyes.

"That boy in the picture...It's me.." Taehyung said in an emotionless tone, back facing Jeongguk, who only stayed silent and kept on staring at Taehyung.

"I..used to be a human before." He continued, making Jeongguk gasp. That lovely cute boy in the picture was actually Taehyung.

Jeongguk couldn't believe the heartless, possessive demon who threw him down the stairs and made him cry, was this angel before.

Taehyung sighed and looked down.

"I never really cared about any mythical creatures. My mother told me that one day if I won't be a good boy, a demon is going to eat me alive."

He finally turned to Jeongguk and walked closer to him, as he hovered above him.

Jeongguk looked up at him with doe eyes, meeting with his dark ones and saw as he bent down and grabbed Jeongguk by the arms, lifting him up.

"I think you should sit down." Taehyung said and Jeongguk nodded, walking over to the bed.

"I didn't believe her, it was some stupid tale to tell small children." Taehyung sat next to Jeongguk.

"Until I actually ended up in hell."

Jeongguk stayed silent, eyes focused on Taehyung's face who's expression turned from angry to worried. He slid a little closer to Taehyung, making him continue.

"I killed my father because he killed my mother. Kind of like a revenge."

Jeongguk nodded.

"When I saw the blood running down his body, something sparked in me. Kind of like a..joy? A sense of satisfaction because that's what the old fat fuck deserved.."