Chapter 2

I was lounging by the pool this evening when Kathy came up to me.

"Ms. Loure, your father gave his credit card though he said you can only go out after 9pm since you'll have a dinner with one of his business partners", she told me.

I scoffed taking the credit card. Of course another dinner. I'm sick of it now. I signalled Kathy to leave and she did. I picked up my coke and took a long sip before standing up.

Guess I will have to sneak off by 8.00pm of I wanna be there my 8.30pm. And it was already 6.00pm and Dad insists I wear an outfit that's sophisticated or something.

I don't really care since I'm more focused on hanging out with Giselle and Natasha, my two bestfriends.

I went up to my room and started getting ready. I wore a strapless black dress along with a chain belt and a jackets over it, black tights and black knee high leather boots.

 I wore a strapless black dress along with a chain belt and a jackets over it, black tights and black knee high leather boots

I then curled my hair and out on some makeup, mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss and blush. I grabbed a random backpack from the many I had and stuffed another outfit in there along other makeup products.

I called for Kathy and she immediately reported to my room.

"I heard my dad hired a new maid, someone around the age of twenty?", I asked and she said yes.

"Bring her here and then leave", I told Kathy.

Minutes passed and Kathy arrive with another girl and then Kathy left.

"Hello Ms. Nice to meet you, I'm Amelia", she greeted me.

 Nice to meet you, I'm Amelia", she greeted me

Amelia

"Amelia", I spoke, "I need your help".

I explained what I need and she looked at me worried, "But what if Mr. Loure fire me?".

"Just do what I told you and I'll take care of that problem", I told her and handed her my backpack.

She nodded and left the room. Twenty minutes later Kathy came up to inform me that my parents want me down. I met them at the huge living room and sat down at the couch as I waited for the Dale family to show up.

When they did I stood up and stood behind Dad with Mom. Mr. Dale entered the room with Mrs. Dale and behind them a guy who I'm sure I've seen somewhere before.

I greeted them and shook hands and exchanged pleasantries and then finally I got to talk to their son.

"So, Brayden", I spoke, "I'm sure I've seen you somewhere before".

"Yeah matter of fact you have", he answered me and I looked at him surprised, " I'm senior at you're school".

Of course the famous senior who many people at school tell me I'll look good with. But he's a senior and I'm just a junior. One year age gap I know but I never took their words seriously.

"Oh", I spoke, "That's why you're so familiar".

He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck, "You're actually better than what everyone say".

"What do you mean by that?".

But he shook his head and followed our parents as they walked towards to the dining room. The dining table which normally set for three people now was arranged for six.

We had a wide range of food to choose but I wasn't gonna eat much since I'm meeting my friends tonight. I had some salad and steak and around 8.30 I excused my self to go to the bathroom.

I ran out to meet Amelia who was standing nervously near the door. I took the backpack from her, muttered a quick thanks and ran up to the guards.

"Let me go just for tonight", I tell them but they shook their heads saying no.

No matter how many times I begged they didn't agree. I was on the verge of giving up when Brayden walked up to me and took my hand leading me somewhere.

He took to a Mercedes Benz and gestured towards it, "Get in, I'll take you wherever you wanna go".