Chapter 4

"You should be more careful, kid.." he said as he pulled your hand away from the faucet. You nodded, trying to listen to him, but that crossed again crossed your mind. He was looking for the aid kit in the cabinets.

"Do you know what will be happening in training today?" You said as he got up and pulled out the aid kit. "I know some things, but I'd rather keep it for myself." He pulls out cream for burns and asks for your hand. You lend it to him, and it's enormous. Your hand could barely cover his... As you start down, his gaze goes over your face.

He sighed a bit, "Well, that should be it." Slowly, let your hand go. His hands were rough but so warm. It was comforting; it made you smile a bit. You looked up and saw him looking down at your eyes. Suddenly, you feel a hand on your back.

You flinched and realized it was his hand. "What are you doing...?" Your heart is skipping beats. "You look tired." His face gets closer to yours slowly, and studying it. You placed your hand on his chest and pulled back from his grasp.

"Please don't touch me like that..." you looked up at him with a severe face, then looked back at your hand. "Thanks for the hand."

You head towards your bedroom and close the door. As you shut the door, you hear a slight "tsk" coming from him. You closed the door and started preparing your tactical gear for training. It was 7 am now, only an hour until your training started. Then you realize you haven't eaten yet.

"I'm hoping he left already..." you start to think about his hand placement. Was there a miscommunication...? You thought about it briefly but built the courage to leave the room. He wasn't there anymore.

You sighed in relief and started making your breakfast quickly. The pan isn't there and was already washed. You looked at the counter and saw a plate with eggs and bacon with a note next to it:

You forgot something.
-Ghost

You looked at the note and raised one eyebrow. It looks delicious, and your guts are starting to agree.

7:35 am

Breakfast was good, and you started going to the training center. A few familiar faces were there and made you feel relieved.

"Good morning, Y/N. Had a good sleep?" Said Shepard as he walked up to you. "Oh wow, you like to look, shit Private. Rough night, ey?"

You looked at him and chuckled. "Sort of, but I'm here."

"Since you're early for training, I can explain how it will go. You'll have a variety of sessions regarding your skill sets. We'll start with target practice and move to physical." He said as he checked a list full of names.

We walked around and got to know where things were.

"Well, Private," he checked the time on his watch and smiled. "Time for training."

The gym was packed, and men and women were practicing for combat; you were prepping your M19 and ammunition.

"OK, Private, you'll be training with Vargas today. It will be a 2-hour session, so make the most of it." He pats your back and walks away.

As you wait for Alejandro to come and train you, a familiar figure starts walking toward you. It was Ghost. He was wearing a black compression shirt with cargo pants. His mask is on with sunglasses. Does he always wear that thing..?

"Good morning." He says as he looks down at you.

"Morning." You replied. It was a dry reply, but it's better than staying quiet.

You look at him, and he looks back at you. There's something he wants to say something. Probably something about this morning.

"Do you need something..?" One of your eyebrows raised, and you crossed your arms while holding the gun.

"Not really, just wanted to say good luck," he said with a slight smirk. "What do you mean?" You feel him stare down at you as you see yourself in his sunglasses.

There was silence between us. Then suddenly, a loud laughter comes from the distance. It was Alejandro; he was heading our way and ready to train me. Ghost looks at him and back at you. "See you in a bit." and he walked away.

In a bit...?

As Ghost watched Y/N train, he couldn't help but notice the way she moved. Her focus and determination reminded him of himself when he first started. But something else about her drew him in, something he couldn't quite grasp. Regardless, he was ready for what was about to come next.