Chapter 12

The days pass and you ignore every interaction with Ghost as possible. The rest of the guys kept sending food over and making sure you were comfortable and eating well. Regardless of what went down, you still can't get your head around that Ghost kissed you. It wasn't even a bad kiss yet you wanted more. By the end of the day, you did your nightly routines and headed to bed you took the patches off since they healed pretty quickly and it was only small holes on your hands. Now there are just markings.

It was now your 5th week on the team and almost a few days from your first mission. You felt ready enough to combat anyone and had confidence in your new refined skills. The situation between Ghost and yourself has slowly faded or so you tried to convince yourself that you did...

Throughout the days, Price would come to check up on the team, until one Thursday evening. He sent an email to everyone for an urgent meeting. The meeting was located far from the base for some reason.

You come out of the bedroom and the rest of the guys were ready to go. Ghost was now coming out of his bedroom. He looked at your direction and both of you stood still in front of your doors. Your eyes met and a memory burst in your head. The one of the infirmary, which caused you to blush. He tilted his head but then headed towards the rest of the guys, leaving you.

"Jerk..." you mumbled and closed the door. You head towards the group and headed towards the meeting. Since it was an emergency email, the guys collectively decided to get in their Jeeps.

"We're leaving in my Jeep." Indicated Alejandro while everyone agreed, except one. Everyone got inside quickly and put on their seatbelts. Gaz sat in the front passenger's seat, Soap by the door, you in the middle, and Ghost next to you.

"I was going to take you guys." Ghost said bluntly while looking at Alejandro as he stair in the distance. Then Alejandro turned around and pointed his finger at his face. "You're not driving shit. You drive like a fucking maniac. Is like you got your driver's license from a cereal box." Alejandro said while turning the car engine on. Gaz and I chuckled but Soap was too worried that Ghost might do something.

"Don't know what you're on about, mate." Ghost said in his deep husky voice.

"Ghost, please," Soap said, knowing that he would say something else.

Alejandro fixed the rearview mirror and it reflected you. He looks at you and smiles. You smiled back and realized Ghost was staring at you too. Your head turns towards him. He looked back at you. Then they both looked away from each other in different directions. The car ride was quiet after that. Once in a while, you'll look in the rearview mirror to see Ghost.

The car comes to a halt and Alejandro turned off the engine. "Llegamos niños." He said with a tired tone. Everyone started going out but Ghost stops you. He placed his hand on your thigh and you stop. You looked down then back up at him.

"What's wrong..?" You asked softly yet cold tone.

Ghost sighed and then leaned toward you. "Y/N, I don't know what I did wrong... but whatever I did that caused you to hurt... my apologies." His words felt like a relief to you. But you couldn't help but wonder why he never let you see his face. Did he even trust you? Do the kisses and intimacy mean anything to him?

"Simon..." You slowly placed your hand on his. "...I just, want you to trust me." You looked into his eyes but something tells you that he's been struggling with that.

"I want to. I do. But- " he gets cut off by the front passenger's door opening. He quickly removed his hand from your thigh and opened his door to walk out.

He wants to protect you.

"What's his deal?" Gaz says while picking up a bag.