Chapter 8

Your eyes widened, and you chuckled even. "You... but why?" He then proceeds to place his right arm on the back of the couch and takes a sip of his drink. "It's my code to take care of others." You stare into his eyes and see how his pupils are dilated.

Does he... like me...?

"Yeah, but you wouldn't just make soup and tea for anyone." As you say, he scoffed and placed his cup on the coffee table. "You don't get it, don't you, kid?" He said with his eyes staring at you in a luring way. The mask makes his eyes look like they have shadows, only showing the white parts and blue eyes. It made your spine shiver, but the mystery kept you wondering more about him. "Should I?" You said.

On the other hand, the whiskey was hitting you now. It makes you slightly sleepy but feel your body hot. He noticed that you started getting tired, and he patted his thigh.

"You can sleep here in the meantime."

"You sure? I don't want to get you sick."

"It's fine."

You nodded and turned your body towards him. As you place your head on his thigh, you start watching the TV. He didn't touch you nor want to make you uncomfortable.

"Are you okay there?"

"Yeah..." You were blushing and flustered by this. It was good that he couldn't see you, but your heart wasn't as controllable. It was pounding in a quick rhythmic way, almost being heard. But sleep got the best of you, and start sleeping. Something about his presence made you feel safe.

He looked down at you, his breathing trying not to get so overwhelming. Your smell, your head on his thing, the gentleness of your breathing, the little snores, it made his mind melt. While all of this happened, you started having the same dream, only that this time, you could only see his lips since it was the only thing you could see now.

Ghost was so mesmerized at this moment. But it had to end somehow, so he turned off the TV and slowly got up. He held your head and placed a pillow below your head. His touch was so gently and soft that you didn't even realize it. Then, he went towards the sink, washed the used cups, and placed the whiskey in a cabinet. He stood by the kitchen, his lower back leaning on the counter's edge, and looked at you.

"Such a peaceful one." He smiled softly.

Take care of her...

A whisper appeared, but Ghost didn't seem surprised by it. "I will. I must." These words coming out of his mouth felt genuine and honest. He wants to protect you, hold you in his arms, and keep you safe.

The whisper was a ghost that had been attached to Ghost for the longest time. But now, they seem to start making peace, especially since Ghost has someone he cares about.

He sighed softly and walked towards the couch. He then kneeled, looked at your face, and slowly stroked your hair. "So beautiful..." he said in a hushed tone. "You should go to your bed." He stood there thinking whether or not he should wake you up. "Agh fuck it."

He slowly placed one arm on your back and the other under your legs. He slowly lifts you, and you put your arms around him. You didn't know what happiness was since you focused more on your dream. His heart started to beat faster as he could feel your breath and chest on his.

He starts going to your bedroom and opens the door softly. You didn't want to let him go as he placed you softly on your bed. "Hey... kid, let-" your sudden kiss cut off his words. Little did he know that you were dreaming of you kissing him on the beach.

He didn't refuse, so he gave in to it. Your arms are still around, and your body slowly rests on the bed. He follows your lead, and he kisses you back. One hand is placed behind your head and the other on your waist. Then, your lips slowly start to separate.

You wake up slowly and see a Ghost close to your face. "G-Ghost?" You said in a confused tone and got up. "Oh, you're awake." He tried to play it off, but something was weird. "Did I... umm..." you start pointing at your lips and his. He silently nods, and you let out a rough sigh.

"Shit... I'm sorry, I was just, it was an accident. Oh my god, so humiliating." You hide your face with your hands, but he starts to chuckle. "Hey, hey, it's fine, my dear. It's alright..." he said in a calming tone. Then you realize his hand is still on your waist, making you blush. He notices it and pulls away softly, wanting to still feel your body on his hand.

"I'm sorry.." he said, slowly getting up and walking away. As he walks, you suddenly feel the urge to need him. So you took your chance.

"Ghost. Please stop." You said from your bed. He stopped and turned his head. "Can you... stay a little longer..?" It came out almost as a plead. He stood there for a bit, thinking about it. But he nods and slowly turns around. No questions asked.

He took off his shoes and sat by the end of the bed. "Are you comfortable by the edge of the bed or towards the wall?" He asked, wanting to make sure what you were comfortable with. "I'm okay by the wall." You said and started hurrying over to the other side of the bed. He then proceeds to lift the blanket and gets in. His hands were clasped, and he was looking up at the ceiling.

Then he looks back at you. "Why do you want me to stay?" He asked bluntly. "I'm just having trouble sleeping, and melatonin doesn't work for me." You chuckled softly. "So you resorted to having me here?" He said jokingly, but you were pretty. He then turns around and looks at your eyes. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"It's just, I'm probably just homesick..." you said, trying to play it off. "Well, there's going to be much moving around here."

"Yeah... do you think I'm ready for the next mission?" You turn your head towards him as he is still looking at you. "I think that you're making better progress than any other. Don't doubt yourself now." He said with an honest tone.

You sighed, "You're right..." A yawn came from you and turned towards the wall. "well, good night, Ghost."

"Simon." He said suddenly.

"Hmm?" You got up a bit to face him.

"My name's Simon." He looks at you.

"Do you have a last name?"

"Let's just keep it with that." He chuckled and turned his back to you.

"Aww, c'mon..." you get close to him and place a hand on his arm. "Why won't you tell me?" You moved his arm back and forth, wanting more answers. He lets out a sigh and doesn't say anything else.

"Fine." You lay back on the bed and start drifting off slowly. As the night passes, Ghost keeps the exact position, body facing outside the bed, only his back towards you. But as any human would, your body ends up meeting his. Your arm rests on his and your leg rests on his thigh. You were giving him a big spoon. You were so comfortable, but on the other hand, Ghost was aware of his position. It made his breathing heavier.

Finally...

Morning

You start to wake up, realizing the sun is up but not hitting you. Instead, it was Ghost protecting you from the sun. Your heart starts pumping fast and felt your body warm. Then you realized what position you were in, and you tried to move. But suddenly, Ghost turns around and cuddles up to you. He was still half sleepy, yet he kept sleeping.

This can't be real...