Chapter 6

You had your lunch and had various conversations about missions with Soap, Alejandro, and Gaz. They explained why they were there and told you how the day usually goes.

At 4 pm on the dot, Captain Price comes in the room. "Good evening. I hope you all had lunch and are ready for our debrief." He smiled and looked at us. They all stood up and headed towards the debriefing room. It was almost like they knew when to get up. But they're used to this.

You sat on a chair close to the table as you entered the room. You looked around the room, and everyone was sitting down except Ghost. He was on a column with his eyes closed. He was probably lost in thought or something.

"First, let's welcome Y/N; we didn't get to introduce her properly. She comes from a long way, from the Caribbean area; you'd realize how good she is if you could train her today. Am I correct? Alejandro? Ghost?" He looked at the names mentioned, and they both nodded. "She's perfect. Can't wait to see her in action." Said Alejandro as he patted my back and smiled. "She's good." A serious, raspy British voice comes out. You look back and see Ghost staring back at you. He lifts his head and closes his eyes once more, listening to what else the General has to say.

"In 2 months, we'll be having our first mission." He points to an area in South America. You got up and saw where he was pointing at. "Columbia?". He crossed his arms and straightened up, "Correct, Private. We got intel of a group dealing with big packages of illegal drugs. Not only that, but we have receipts of human transactions." He started pulling some files and gave one to each of us. "The good news is that the victims who were used for such acts have been located. A team deals with this situation, but they are currently in Europe. So it's our job to understand the value of these lives."

Soap got up from his chair and placed the folder on the table. He opens it and reads the description of every victim. Alejandro got up and sighed. "In two months, they'll get away with many things, Captain..." You look at him; he seems sad and almost lost in thought.

Gaz looks at the papers as well. "We might take a few nights for this." He said with a severe tone. "Indeed we do." Said Soap as he shook his head.

"In two months, it'll give us enough time to prepare and have every rescue plan. We'll have to wait and see how fast the intel will bring us more information." Said Ghost as he came close behind you. He was just a few inches from you.

You look at Price, and he seems a bit worried. "It's plans that I was given to. But I'll be back if there's an update."

And just like that, everyone closed their folders. "This will be the end of the debrief. I'll be heading out now." It was a sudden way to leave, but he was busy. He walked away first and waved goodbye. Everyone talked to each other about the days we would start planning.

As everyone finished, we came down to an agreement. Everyone started grabbing their notes and walked outside while still talking. You pick up your folder, turn around, and bump against Ghost. He looks down at you with his folder on his left arm.

This dude is way too fucking tall. At this point, I might break my neck whenever I look at him.

"Sorry! I didn't realize you were like 3 inches behind me." Your sarcasm was noticeable, and he chuckled. "It's not very nice using that tone on someone." His gaze made you look down, almost intimidating but embarrassing you.

"No one told you to be there." As you said this, he lowers down a bit. Staring at your eyes now. "Don't get cheeky with me." He rose and walked out. You realized how it was only him and yourself. A sigh came from you. You picked up the folder from the table and walked out.

As you were in your room, writing down the information from the intel, you saw the time. It was 10:50 pm, and it was far from your bedtime. You stretched your back and headed towards the bathroom to wash your teeth.

The day wasn't so bad, but it made you realize this mission is unlike the others. There will be a lot more traveling than you used to. You headed back towards your bed and turned off the light.