Chapter Fourteen: Gentle Confrontation

That night, Harry only hurried back to Gryffindor's tower. He would probably be punished about that later, but he didn't want to worry them about this. Even if he had glamoured the injury, they would smell the blood. He just had to wait the night, or till he was done with his detention if she made him do this again.

"Why are you here?" A soft voice sounded through the unusually quiet Common Room.

The dark-haired boy jumped, whipping his head toward the voice.

Sitting in front of the low fireplace was his sworn sister and the twins. They were looking to him with stern faces. Hermione made her way over to him, offering her hand out to him. He looked at it and then to her, then to the two behind her.

"They're safe." She whispered, giving him a kind smile.

He looked back to them and then to her hand. Shakily, he took her hand, lightly squeezing it. She gave him a warmer smile, bringing him over to the couches. She nodded her head to the twins, who pulled out their wands, flicking it around the four of them.

"No sight."

"No listener."

The bushy-haired muggle-born nodded at that, letting her sworn brother go. She sat next to the twins, placing a hand on their knees. She needed to make sure to remind them about Harry's dislike of sudden movements and touch.

"Harry, we both know you weren't with me for Christmas." He shrunk away, looking to the Weasleys. "I know you were safe, and I have a feeling Snape has something to do with it."

"He looked happier."

"Practically glowing!" The twins chirped.

"You were with him, right?" She asked.

"Must've been,"

"The way he looked,"

"At poor 'Mione like,"

"She just lied." They nodded, concern growing on their faces. "Did he treat you right?"

The three others waited in silence now, waiting for him to say a word. He looked between them, seeing the true concern and worry on their faces. Seeing how much they wanted to help him. Bowing his head, he nodded.

"With... The Malfoys..."

He squeezed his eyes closed, waiting for them to shout in anger! To yell and demand why he was with them! Why hadn't he gone to Dumbledore with this info! There was nothing.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, looking to them. Fred and George were talking with their looks, nodding and seeming to agree with something. Hermione looked relaxed, a subtle glow in her eyes. After a moment, the twins looked back to him with a wary smile.

"Well... Aunt Narcissa is a very motherly person, the last time we saw her." Fred hummed.

Harry gulped a little.

"She... She wasn't there... except for a few times... To check up on me." He murmured, shrinking away.

This got a confused looks.

"Just... You and the male Malfoys?" George looked to his blood brother before back to his younger brother.

He nodded, squirming in his seat. He swallowed thickly, looking anywhere but to them. They were patiently waiting for him to talk.

"Promise you won't tell..."

Hermione frowned deeply, wondering what happened to make him so scared.

"We solemnly swear to tell no one without your consent." The twins swiftly stated.

"I solemnly swear to tell no one without your consent."

He took several deep breaths, pulling at the ends of his sleeves.

"They're... They're my mates..."

"Your... Mates?" Hermione leaned forward.

"Like... Soulmates..."

"The Malfoys?"

He nodded.

"And Snape... Th-They didn't do anything! We just cuddled and t-they fed me, educated me about wh-what they were saying..." He shrunk away, growing unsure of himself.

The three stayed quiet, letting his words settle. The twins then laughed a little, smiling softly.

"Merlin, they must feel like idiots." Fred snickered.

"Explains the looks. Thought we'd have to prank him at best." George grinned.

"At best." Fred echoed.

Hermione shook her head at twins before looking to her brother.

"I'll look more into it... Do you want me to bring you to them or do you want to go to the dorm?"

Harry gave her a soft smile, nodding slowly.

"Dorm... Just had a tough day... I don't want to worry them..."

The twins stopped their joking and nodded to him.

"We'll get her." With that final say, they swished their wands to dispel the charms.

Harry nods, getting up and going to his room. He felt more tired than before, but oddly lighter. Though, that still didn't mean he was going to be ready for the neck day.