two.

"Ugh I'm so bored! Why is it so hard to see Jaeyun! I walked in front of his class but he's nowhere to be seen," Iseul pouts, hugging her bag with Siyeon eating ice cream beside her.

"Maybe he's busy, that class is full of school athletes. Why don't you just ask your hm yeah ?"

"I don't want to! If he knows I have a crush on his classmates, he will make fun of me,"

"Well.. this is kinda hard.. you should just stay loyal to Jungwon, it's been a while since you talked about him," Siyeon sighs when she eats all the ice cream.

"Why should I.. we don't have any relationship,"

"You did have a kind of situationship with him though,"

"Stop! I don't want to remember it again, uh I might cry! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!" Iseul buries her face in her bag, holding back her tears whenever she remembers about her old crush.

Siyeon just patted her back, comforting her best friend. Being Iseul's best friend, of course she knew everything that happened to her because Iseul is a person who chooses to tell everything rather than keeping it secret. She knows almost everything about Iseul.

Iseul used to have a crush on a boy named Yang Jungwon. He was a new student and studied in this school before moving to another school a few months ago. Yang Jungwon was a quiet kid so he barely got any friends to talk to but being the friendly person, Iseul talked to him first and they became friends. It didn't last long though because Iseul developed feelings for him and she confessed to him.

But Yang Jungwon didn't say anything about it and pretended like he never heard the confession. Iseul didn't want to lose the friendship so she also acted like she never said those words and continued to be his friends. Of course, being the third wheel in their friendship, Siyeon noticed everything. She's not that dumb. She knew Yang Jungwon also has a crush on Iseul so why did he choose to keep silent ?

Sometimes they act like a couple but they're actually not. Until one day, Jungwon told them that he needs to move to another city because of his parents. Iseul cried. She cried everyday because the thought of not seeing Jungwon in school made her give up going to school. She lost her motivation. And Jungwon never knew about it.

In Siyeon's eyes, Jungwon was kinda a walking red flag but Iseul wouldn't listen to her. There's nothing she can do. If it makes Iseul happy then she doesn't mind staying silent. She's actually happy to hear she finally found a new crush. Siyeon hopes her friend won't cry over boys again.

"Where's my ice cream ?" Iseul asks, her eyes are puffy. She looks at Siyeon and the girl just smiles innocently, wiping the cream at her upper lips away. "You finished everything ?! What are you ? An ice cream monster ?"

"Sorry! Let me buy you—"

"No, no, that's okay. I will go buy myself. Who knows you might eat it as well on your way back here," Iseul got up from the bench, wiping her tears away before walking to the convenience store.

She takes the vanilla ice cream, walking to the counter to pay for it. As soon as she gets back the ice cream from the cashier, she rips the plastic off and puts it in her mouth while walking towards the door. Someone enters the convenience store, not noticing her small figure and bumps into her shoulder.

"Oh gosh, my ice cream almost fell," Iseul glares at the person that just bumped into her.

The person immediately apologised to her, not looking straight at her face before walking away. Iseul shakes her head before walking back to Siyeon.

———

He places a hand on his friend's shoulder, "Why are you being so quiet ?"

"I met her at the convenience store, I was so excited when I saw her but I couldn't control myself and accidentally bumped into her," he groans, regretting everything. She probably thinks I have no manners.